• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noloader

Jeff Not G
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2022
    Pasadena, MD
    Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to ask. If not, then please point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a list of ranges in and near Anne Arundel county. I searched this site but did not find a list. My apologies if my search skills missed it.

Searching the web is not very helpful. Between SEO and other search gamesmanship, I cannot find a list. I think Google, Yelp and friends list every bait, tackle, sporting goods and gun store in the region.

I found a list at DNR but I know it is incomplete because it is missing Cindy's Hot Shots: Shooting Ranges in Maryland.

So my question is, does the site maintain or does someone have a current list of ranges?

(I should probably add that I am aware of Cindy's Hot Shots. The problem is, it is hard to get range time. The wait is usually one to two hours).

Thanks in advance.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to ask. If not, then please point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a list of ranges in and near Anne Arundel county. I searched this site but did not find a list. My apologies if my search skills missed it.

Searching the web is not very helpful. Between SEO and other search gamesmanship, I cannot find a list. I think Google, Yelp and friends list every bait, tackle, sporting goods and gun store in the region.

I found a list at DNR but I know it is incomplete because it is missing Cindy's Hot Shots: Shooting Ranges in Maryland.

So my question is, does the site maintain or does someone have a current list of ranges?

(I should probably add that I am aware of Cindy's Hot Shots. The problem is, it is hard to get range time. The wait is usually one to two hours).

Thanks in advance.

Several threads are out there- in terms of public indoor you’re looking at Cindy’s or On Target in Severn. The outdoor ones are clubs with different requirements to join up. If you’re in Anne Arundel I’d recommend AGC in Marriottsville. Not too far and the most “bang for the buck” IMHO.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Several threads are out there- in terms of public indoor you’re looking at Cindy’s or On Target in Severn. The outdoor ones are clubs with different requirements to join up. If you’re in Anne Arundel I’d recommend AGC in Marriottsville. Not too far and the most “bang for the buck” IMHO.
    Hence, why I live in A.A. County and belong to a club in PA. $75/yr. and they cut that in half for Volunteer hours put in last year. A little under an hour drive time.

I'm getting ready to head up there to shoot Trap/Wobble Trap....$5/round of 25.

B.T.W. I am seriously pursuing moving up there.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Also in Aa county. I’m a member at Cindys in Glenburnie and AGC in Marriottsville which is about 20 minutes from Arundel Mills up 70 . On target in Severn . That’s about it for public. AGC also need to be a member. There are other outdoor ranges in AA county but again need a membership , google. Drive up to Elton at the park or Delmarva on the shore . Both are hour I would say from Arundel mills. Day trips up North to Savage or Green ridge . Savage 3hrs , Green ridge about 2. If your trying to get into Cindys on a weekend yes there is a substantial wait.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Thanks Mark392001.

It may be a good idea to gather them up and put them in the FAQ. Naively (to me), I thought this would be a popular/recurring question and available in the FAQ.

Now that I’ve got a few free minutes- here’s the balance of the AACO ranges outside of Cindy’s and On Target- these are all outdoors.

Anne Arundel Fish and Game- Annapolis

https://aafg.org/

Stoney Creek Fishing and Hunting Club- Pasadena

https://www.scfhclub.org/

Twelfth Precinct- Pistol- Davidsonville

https://twelfthprecinct.org/

Glenbrook Rifle Association- Pasadena

https://www.glenbrookrifleassoc.com/

My Pick- AGC- Mariottsville

https://agcrange.org/

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Depending on where you live in AA County, my opinion on this is to bite the bullet and get a membership at Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore in Marriotsville. It's about a 30 minute drive for me, so places like On Target and Cindy's are closer, but you won't ever have to wait for a range time. I have enjoyed the rifle range a lot recently. It's nice to be able to go and not be limited to what you can shoot. (On Target doesn't allow rifles, for instance. Cindy's does, but it gets pretty loud in there.)

It's a little bit of a PITA to get the membership in the first place, and at $200/year some might consider that a bit costly, but I've had nothing but great experiences there since getting my membership, and I never have to worry whether or not I'm going to get a lane - I'll always get a lane.

The downside is that it's outdoors so whatever the weather happens to be that day is what you get.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Depending on where you live in AA County, my opinion on this is to bite the bullet and get a membership at Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore in Marriotsville. It's about a 30 minute drive for me, so places like On Target and Cindy's are closer, but you won't ever have to wait for a range time. I have enjoyed the rifle range a lot recently. It's nice to be able to go and not be limited to what you can shoot. (On Target doesn't allow rifles, for instance. Cindy's does, but it gets pretty loud in there.)...

Often overlooked fact - If you are a Maryland Shall Issue member, MSI (https://www.marylandshallissue.org/) is an official AGC member organization. With that said, all you need is an AGC Range Orientation/Badge, not the membership fee.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Live in Annapolis, shoot at delmarva sporting clays. Its a pretty solid range and worth the drive.

Attachments

• 20220319_155957.jpg
      20220319_155957.jpg
      130.9 KB · Views: 156

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    I live in Annapolis. Went through this same assessment of options back in January. Ended up joining a club associated with AGC. The whole experience of joining a member club (I joined the Meade Rod & Gun Club, but there are several choices), then arranging for orientation at the AGC range and purchasing my badge (all on one Sunday morning) was pretty easy. I like the range. As a recent retiree I go up on weekdays and it's never very crowded.

I have not tried Delmarva yet, but would like to get down there and shoot too. Just a longer drive than AGC for me.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I live in Annapolis. Went through this same assessment of options back in January. Ended up joining a club associated with AGC. The whole experience of joining a member club (I joined the Meade Rod & Gun Club, but there are several choices), then arranging for orientation at the AGC range and purchasing my badge (all on one Sunday morning) was pretty easy. I like the range. As a recent retiree I go up on weekdays and it's never very crowded.
    My son and I went up there a few weeks ago in the middle of the week. There was one other guy shooting on the 100 yard range the whole time we were there. That may have been a bit of a fluke for it to be that empty, but any time I've ever gone mid-week in the middle of the day, the 100 yard range and the pistol range are practically ghost towns. They are a bit more busy on the weekends, but never to the point where I can't get a lane. The busiest I've seen it was one day I was there on a holiday (might have been President's day) and it was fairly crowded, but I still walked right up and snagged a lane.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Stony Creek is never crowded. You need a sponsor to join though. Delmarva is 1 1\2 hours from Severna Park and you have to cross the bay bridge. AGC is about 45 minutes from SP.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This for me as well. Plus, the ghosts of so many AWESOME MDS shoots buoy my spirit while shooting :D

Being able to shoot at steel with a pistol at 100, 200, and 300 yards is also a pretty fun challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom