• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    Could someone provide me with a link to the list of Maryland "approved" handguns?

Also, for those of you with a Curios & Relics license, does a C&R handgun have to be on the Maryland list in order to buy one? Is it considered to be a “dealer to dealer” transfer?

TIA,
    Matt

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    madmattmd said:
    Could someone provide me with a link to the list of Maryland "approved" handguns?

Also, for those of you with a Curios & Relics license, does a C&R handgun have to be on the Maryland list in order to buy one? Is it considered to be a “dealer to dealer” transfer?

TIA,
    Matt
    I have heard a few different things that makes me leery.
    A handgun that is made before I think 1986 is not affected by the handgun roster and most C&R handguns are made before that time. That much I am pretty sure about.

A C&R handgun that is on the C&R list, but not on the Maryland rosters and made after 1986 should be treated as an FFL to FFL transfer (a C&R is not a dealer's license) and not restricted by the roster.....but please do not take my word for it.

I asked a state policeman at the firearms section over the phone if there was anything keeping me from using my C&R license to buy C&R handguns from out of state with my C&R FFL and he basically said "you can buy as many as you have money to buy" (paraphrased). I take this to mean that it is dealt with as an FFL to FFL transfer by the state and no seven day wait, and no roster restriction (but still an "assault pistol" is not allowed)......but please don't take my word OR the MDSP sergeant's word for it and get everything in writing from the Attorney General's office on what the interpretations are!

You will have a hell of a time finding any links, but you may run accross someone posting on TheFiringLine, or TheHighRoad forums that actually wrote a letter to the Attorney General asking this very thing and got a response.

Wish you luck in your search and please let us know what you discover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom