• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Reading some of the posts in this thread, it feels like it must be impossible for police to do anything wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    He actually has contacted me, at various occasions since then, including at midnight the other day, while intoxicated. However, I am done with this post. I got the information I needed from the intelligent and helpful members on here. My uncle, a state delegate, has contacted the mayor. So we will see what happens.

Stay safe... stay vigilant... do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family.

Quod est necessarium est licitum

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If he's a cop, why not go to his departments Internal Affairs office? They have wide authority to investigate cops.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Wow man...that's messed up on so many levels. Do you really think I have nothing better to do than make up a story like this and post it here? I posted it here because many, obviously not all, of the members of this forum are stand-up citizens well versed in firearm laws and can provide useful responses and help. I only wish you never experience a situation like this and have someone call your story dubious.
    Sorry, but we get people here all the time coming up with off the wall reasons why they should have a carry permit and looking for us to reassure them they have G&S. You did not post for 8 years then come on with a post that a 'creepy guy" walked into your work talking trash then said how kids like the purple mattress then it jumps straight to him coming back the next day screaming he's going to kill you and dispose of you and knows just how to do it. Why did he go from walking around acting creepy to 24 hours later he's going to kill you? Your OP does sound a bit dubious, at least.

As far as something like this happening to me. It actually did happen to me and I have all the documentation, pictures, and witnesses to prove it not just an odd story that doesn't make much sense. That's my G&S and also how I have a W&C permit.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Yeah okay...good luck.

Seems at this point we are missing A LOT of the story...you just keep adding some bits here and there as it helps your stance.

Good luck.
    This is what I meant when I said that people come here and their first post is to explain how they think they have G&S and then want to be reassured that they do but if we don't just agree they get uptight and then keep embellishing their story to make it sound more threatening and urgent. I am not saying the OP is not true, it just sounds far fetched and a lot like many of the other stories in the past that are really reaching for G&S.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The means has to be immediate according to the law. If he had a gun in his hand or on his hip sure. Having a gun at home or you not even knowing if he has a gun makes it not immediate. Based off of what you posted a weapon was never articulated...just he was there to kill you.

All the side show stuff of what you put as means isn't means according to what gets presented to a jury. It needs to be immediate means...like having a weapon in their hand or close by.

Without that you have nothing. Why can tie all your degree's and years of practice to make it out to be what you want but without the immediate means (i.e. him having a weapon) you have a guy speaking to you protected by the 1st Amendment.

Rather he's an Army Ranger Delta Leader of Team Six Flyboy Frogman with all the training in the world it doesn't matter.

Your whole case is missing the biggest part of the law. I'd further say it's hindered at this point due to him not coming back and you have no further contact with him...that shows "intent" more than his "means" by training that you tried to connect.

You have him saying he's going to kill you....if that's a crime the means wouldn't be a part of the law as everyone has the means of killing someone. It certainly wasn't immediate means if he didn't have a weapon or attempt to put his hands on you.
    This is all true except that a district court commissioner would almost certainly issue a criminal summons to a ham sandwich as long as the: who, what, why, where, when, and how can be answered. A weapon is not necessary when someone is capable of carrying out the threat with their bare hands. If this whole situation is real the commissioner should be the first stop. I can't understand for the life of me having a state delegate contact the Baltimore mayor in a situation where I was in immediate or prolonged fear of danger. Lastly, the ongoing threatening conduct/contacts over multiple days constitutes criminal harassment under the law (course of conduct). This of course is another charge which the commissioner can address better than the mayor/delegate. Not to mention a peace order can be filed for simultaneously.

Read the laws and custom tailor your written statement of charges to address the legal requirements of these charges and I have no doubt a commissioner will issue at minimum a criminal summons

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To clear up any inadvertent ambiguity of above :
    In seeking a warrant from Commissioner , accurately and truthfully include the elements of the relevant offense(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom