• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Threats in themself will go no where. They have to act on them. IME, The police will do nothing.

While the police may do nothing, they add to the potential for harm with regards to filing for a wear and carry permit.

Tom, If I wasn't still recovering from Bronchitis, I would offer you the training this weekend.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    He's out on bail, two of his punk friends met me outside of court house and threatened me, going back tomorrow.

You should only need to talk to a county commissioner. I did my PPW at the regional jail in the evening to file charges against the guy who assaulted me last winter while pushing snow.

At the time I was torn between carrying and not, legal or otherwise. The stigma of breaking the law should not place you in a position to cause you undo injury. In my case I chose not to. In your case I probably would since it seems he won't leave you alone and is mentally unstable.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Just read the article on it...or at least what I'm guessing is the article.

I think you'd be hard pressed for MSP to issue it without going to the board.

Good luck.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Threats in themself will go no where. They have to act on them. IME, The police will do nothing.

Perhaps not immediately for this particular action by the friends, but:

Still, document, document, document.

This. Exactly.

While the police may do nothing, they add to the potential for harm with regards to filing for a wear and carry permit.

And this. If nothing else, it will provide admissible evidence as to a pattern of behavior on the part of the aggressor and his friends, and I'm not just talking about for the purposes of the carry permit either, though it certainly wouldn't hurt for that.

Tom, If I wasn't still recovering from Bronchitis, I would offer you the training this weekend.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to get certified as an instructor forever. Perhaps it's time to get around to that, so if anyone else ever ends up in this situation I can help.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Everyone needs to decide for themselves when "it's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6."

"I would much rather be sitting in jail with a felony offense on my head, and have my parents alive."
    - Susanna Hupp, Luby's massacre survivor

Simple as that my friends. (Sorry but I have not yet been effected by "BGS")

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Don't use IOTA, look for somewhere else.

Wow I don't know why they have gotten such a bad reputation, (I know there was a review board event) I have always like Ken and Courtney. All of my training has been through Iota. (This was before they had their new facility)

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Simply stated, I think it is revealing that we need this degree of legal wrangling to simply determine if a citizen can protect himself.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Wow I don't know why they have gotten such a bad reputation, (I know there was a review board event) I have always like Ken and Courtney. All of my training has been through Iota. (This was before they had their new facility)

She would be happy to take your money and train you and then deny your 2nd Amendment right at the Handgun Permit Review Board.

How insane is that?

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    She would be happy to take your money and train you and then deny your 2nd Amendment right at the Handgun Permit Review Board.

How insane is that?

This is what I don't get,,,, doesn't make sense. It would seem to me they would want to help you get a permit.

On another note, I have someone else to provide training.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This is what I don't get,,,, doesn't make sense. It would seem to me they would want to help you get a permit.

Week after week, month after month I sat there in the HPRB meetings and watched her vote NO when her fellow board members were voting yes to provide somebody a permit to carry.

I hope she goes out of business.

You should hear the tape of the HPRB closed session that was given to Montoya 32 by accident. What she said when she thought the public wasn't listening is an absolute disgrace.

I am on the road this week with hands full but I'm sure somebody else can dig up the audio or the transcript

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom