• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Hi all. I recently moved to WV. What are the LGS and shooting range recommendations in the Falling Waters / Martinsburg areas?

What comes to mind immediately is Tannermann's Trading Company in Martinsburg, and Tango Down Range in Hedgesville. If you want to venture a little further north the absolute best place is Hafer's Gunsmithing just off I-81 just west of Hagerstown.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    For ranges Peacemaker is the best and most complete covering just about every shooting type. Not sure if they are accepting members right now, you will need to check. They also have a ton of classes on various shooting sports from action pistol to long range rifle. For indoor Hendershot's in Hagerstown (a high end LGS) opened an indoor range recently. I moved from MD last year so I don't know all the places myself. For an LGS I use Valley Guns II in Inwood because it is on the way to Peacemaker. Peacemaker is also an LGS and holds multiple FFL class licenses (dealers for Colt, FN, and a few others).

jonb219

Oct 17, 2013
    Falling Waters, WV
    Thank you! I've been to Hafer's once and will definitely go back, and I picked up a CZ 97 at Hendershot's recently. Haven't tried their new range yet but plan to do so. I'll definitely visit the others as well.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    I did a tour of all the gun shops down the 81 corridor one Saturday. I found Valley Guns II the best stocked of all of them at the time. This was probably 3+ years ago though.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    As others said, Peacemaker. It covers everything, including a 1000 yard range. I just got a new membership for Father's Day, so I know they're accepting new members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom