• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    For the May 13th match:

Minimum round counts for this match look like 31 birdshot, 3 slugs, 31 pistol and 70 rifle. To the few of you who told me you were planning on coming but haven't yet sent payment, just plan on paying the day of the match. We still have about 5 openings, so if you are on the fence, come on out. I would appreciate an e-mail heads up though. Also, any of you who are RO's and are willing to run a timer or score, all help would be appreciated.

50bmg

Sep 24, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Interested in the July and Oct matches. First foray into 3-gun. Anyone have any good resources t get me started?

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Interested in the July and Oct matches. First foray into 3-gun. Anyone have any good resources t get me started?

I just shot my first at York which was a 3 Man 3 gun and had an awesome time, we shot in the limited class which may have been the hardest class due to the fact that your using irons or non-magnified red dots. Watch as many youtube vids as you can to get a feel for it somewhat, also there is a lot of good info and videos on 3gun nation website http://3gunnation.com
    Even though I watched and read all I could I learned that it goes out the window when the timer goes off, I learned a tremendous amount Sunday and made rookie mistakes, just need to make sure I don't repeat them when I shoot individual 3 gun matches.

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    Great seeing everybody there. Well run match as always, Bob.

Good shooting Ben, very nice as usual.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Great seeing everybody there. Well run match as always, Bob.

Good shooting Ben, very nice as usual.

Thanks. Another great match, as always. The results are in.

Lewistown5-12-12.jpg

According to Bob, the next match is scheduled for July 8th and will be $25. I'll be there. :thumbsup:

For any new shooters considering 3 gun, this is a very well-run match. The stages are really creative and challenging, and we were done shooting by ~2:00pm.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Could you please post the stages if you have them, would just like to see how the times match up with the stages. Looks like I'm out for the July shoot, my youngest want to have her birthday party that weekend, so I'll look forward to the Oct Match instead.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    I've posted the results on the club's website, as well. As Bob gets me information about the July match, and when he opens registration, I'll make announcements in this thread, as well as posting stuff to the club's website.

I"ll also check with Bob and see if he has a digital copy of this month's stages that I could put on the club's website for those who are interested.

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    The stages were really fun. Loved the land mines and the roll over prone shots!

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    I've attached stage descriptions to the multigun page of the club website. Just note, as stages were setup, some changes had to be made, so the descriptions aren't exactly as the stages were shot. It does give you a general "feel" of the match, though. Bob said the changes were due to lines of sight, and target placement etc.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Just got this from Bob:

I'm opening registration for our next multigun, which is Sunday, July 8th at Lewistown Pistol Club. Match fee is $25. I ask that you preregister by email: rowjimmy2008@yahoo.com

I'm thinking of going back to a 6 stage format and fitting two USPSA style pistol stages in one of our pits or some other type of scenario. I'm trying to think of ways to up the round count, but we only have so much room and can only accommodate so many targets.

Buddy

Aug 2, 2010
    PA
    I signed up for July 8. What time does the match start? I can't find it on their web site.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Just got this in an email from Bob:

Shooters,

This match is just about full. If you're on the fence, you probably want to make up your mind soon. If you reserved a spot but haven't sent your payment out yet, please do so ASAP. If you mail payment late and I have not received it by match day, you will be expected to pay me that day and I will void your check when it comes. Everyone who has paid has received a confirmation e-mail from me.

Minimum round counts will be 58 rifle, 64 pistol and 45 shotgun (birdshot only needed). There are a fair number of moving targets and precision shots, so I recommend you bring a fair amount more. The match will consist of 6 stages.

To keep the match moving, I'm about 90% certain I'm going to incorporate a 120 second par time for all of the stages. Looking at typical stage raw times, this seems a fair amount. "Failure to engage" and "miss" penalties will be ascribed to targets not engaged by the end of the par time.

I have tried to articulate the rules I generally verbalize at the match briefing and have attached it to this e-mail. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

And here is the contents of the attachment he was talking about.

LPC Multigun Rules Overview
    1. We utilize USPSA safety and division equipment rules. We recognize limited, tactical, open, and heavy metal. Match Disqualification will result due to violation of established safety rules.
    2. We utilize USPSA range commands.
    3. When a firearm is abandoned during a transition, it must be empty (no rounds in magazine or chamber) or the external safety must be engaged, and the muzzle must be pointing in a safe direction. If you advance past a firearm in a course of fire, it must be empty.
    4. We utilize IDPA targets and time-plus scoring. Stage score consists of the raw time to complete the course of fire (or par time for the stage) plus associated penalties for inaccuracy, failures to engage, misses, hitting no-shoot targets, and faulting a line. There will be no “failure to engage” on a disappearing target, just the points lost due to the associated misses. (this is a change.)
    Infraction
    Penalty
    -1, -3 scoring zones
    +1, +3 seconds respectively
    Miss (not prescribed number of hits on target, unbroken clay, standing steel)
    +10 seconds per miss
    Failure to engage target (non-disappearing)
    +10 seconds per target
    Procedural (violating a fault line or the written stage briefing)
    +10 seconds
    +10 seconds per shot fired if an advantage is gained

5. Be sure to arrive with all firearms UNLOADED and CHAMBER FLAGS inserted in your long guns. We run a COLD range. The only time you are permitted to have a loaded firearm is when shooting a course of fire under the direction of the range officer.
    6. Safe gun handling is on our indoor range inside the clubhouse. You can gear up in there. No handling of AMMO in this area (this includes loaded magazines, dummy rounds and snap caps.) If you need to inspect a firearm throughout the course of the day, you must consult a range officer and do so under his supervision or return to the indoor range. We have no outside safe gun handling areas on the club grounds. You cannot handle your firearms at any other time except when shooting a course of fire, transporting your guns to the line of fire, or casing your guns upon completion of a course of fire.
    7. When transporting long guns to the line of fire, please carry them muzzle-up or muzzle- down. Also, be mindful not to muzzle anyone (even with an empty long gun) when casing your guns after shooting. Good muzzle discipline is of paramount safety importance.
    8. Cases are required for long guns, or a suitable transport method such as a jogging stroller rigged up with gun mounts is acceptable.
    9. Shots fired must be kept within the berm height of the shooting area. Firing a round over the berm is a match DQ and any associated criminal or civil penalties due to resulting damage. Also, please keep your muzzle below the berm when reloading, etc…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom