• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The following letter is a sample of a letter that I suggest that you email to your County Sheriff. We need hundreds if not thousands of Patriots to send emails to their County Sheriff. We need to find out which of the Sheriffs are working for the people and which ones are working for the Federal government. Copy the following letter and send it to all of your friends and neighbors and ask them to do the same. Ask everyone to email their Sheriff and demand that he or she make a commitment to honor their oath of office.

Dear Sheriff ________________,

As the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in _______________County you were required to take an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Having taken that oath I would like to know if you will honor your oath by refusing to enforce Federal rules, regulations and directives that violate the Constitution and/or the Bill of Rights.
    The Second Amendment clearly proclaims that the people have a right to own guns and in the Bill of Rights, the government is prohibited from infringing on the right of the people to own guns if they choose to do so. Your primary job is to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and the rights of the people that live in ______________ our County.
    The Supreme Court has ruled that the Federal government has no lawful jurisdiction in the counties and that when a Sheriff chooses to enforce an unconstitutional directive, he is violating his Constitutional Oath.
    The people of _______________ County are the employer and you are the employee and we expect you to represent us and not the Federal government. As your employer, I would like to know if you are given an order that violates the Constitution, will you honor your oath or will you do as directed by the President of the United States.
    Sincerely,

spanokopita

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah...your heart is in the right place but that letter is pretty inflammatory. And he's more likely to be in a position where he has to enforce MD law, not Federal on these issues (think about what Fed confiscation looks like: it's not going to be local police, it's going to be a grace period followed by Federal Law Enforcement and Military).

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I'm sorry but the letter is confrontational & demanding. I doubt it would be received well by the Sheriff.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    You all know the 1st Ammendment?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm a law abiding citizen with NO criminal record. Interviewed by MSP for handgun permit, and honorably discharged from the US Army.
    If you don't speek now, when will you?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I agree that the letter is over the top. Plus the county sheriff in Calvert is pro 2a. At least from couple people I know said. :)

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Please understand, my comments are based on the tone of the letter. We are all searching for positive ways to get our messages across to those who can/should be helping us.
    In my opinion, that letter needs some work before it would be widely accepted. Just my opinion.

People have the right to speak and listeners have the right to form an opinion based on what's spoken to them.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Gun owners, their own worst enemy.

Step back and read that. Now replace his name with yours and refer it to whatever job you have. It's pretty sny to say the least and the tone is horrible.

Good luck with that letter....I suggest someone who is interested to draft their own.

CaptainChris

Aug 15, 2012
    Solomon's Island
    The following letter is a sample of a letter that I suggest that you email to your County Sheriff. We need hundreds if not thousands of Patriots to send emails to their County Sheriff. We need to find out which of the Sheriffs are working for the people and which ones are working for the Federal government. Copy the following letter and send it to all of your friends and neighbors and ask them to do the same. Ask everyone to email their Sheriff and demand that he or she make a commitment to honor their oath of office.

As the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in _______________County you were required to take an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Having taken that oath I would like to know if you will honor your oath by refusing to enforce Federal rules, regulations and directives that violate the Constitution and/or the Bill of Rights.
    The Second Amendment clearly proclaims that the people have a right to own guns and in the Bill of Rights, the government is prohibited from infringing on the right of the people to own guns if they choose to do so. Your primary job is to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and the rights of the people that live in ______________ our County.
    The Supreme Court has ruled that the Federal government has no lawful jurisdiction in the counties and that when a Sheriff chooses to enforce an unconstitutional directive, he is violating his Constitutional Oath.
    The people of _______________ County are the employer and you are the employee and we expect you to represent us and not the Federal government. As your employer, I would like to know if you are given an order that violates the Constitution, will you honor your oath or will you do as directed by the President of the United States.
    Sincerely,

Telling the Sheriff what his job is.... that seems to me to come off confrontational.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009

Sincerely,

In Baltimore County, the Sheriff is NOT the chief law enforcement officer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom