• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    The 6p has been copied so many times there are tons of options. These clones are what I build my lights on.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Deepwoods

New Guy...
    Aug 17, 2010
    Check out Fenix lights. I have a few of them and like them. I've got a few headlamps, a key chain AAA model and a double CR123 handheld. That last one is comparable to my Surefire Fury. The light color is whiter and the beam pattern is different, and the Fenix is much cheaper.

I can't say I have put them through the wringer, so I won't comment on durability. But they seem well made, get good reviews, come in lots of models, and are bright...

Feb 17, 2009
    I carried the Streamlight Protac 2AA for almost 3 years never once failed on me. Last year I bought a Olight S10R to replace it, wanted something smaller and rechargeable, I carried it for about a month and it had fail to fire on a few occasions so I lost trust in it. Decided to go back to Streamlight, went with the Protac 1L, love the size and the ten-tap programming. Also got some Rcr123's and a nitecore charger for pretty inexpensive. I am not law enforcement, but I do ride my tools pretty hard.

Last edited:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    The cost of batteries for Surefire flashlights was a turnoff for me. I have a 3 D-Cell maglite next to my driver's seat at all times, and it looks like I might get that Pelican 8060 after taking a look
    Rechargeable Li Ion is the way to go. Built a buddy a light that was smaller than a 3 C mag light that was around 2700-3000 lumens

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom