• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wjt1169

383305487.jpg

Jamie

That's an interesting way to run your carbine mag holders...how's that working out for ya?

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Holy crap man!! I just ordered the C-TOMS X-Belt QR and the shipping was half the cost of the belt. That being said if the belt is worth it I guess it's a small price.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Mickey,

I grew up wearing an LBE and humping a large Alice rucksack. The straps of the battle belt and chest rig are nothing compared to the LBE- they are extremely low profile. Additionally, the battle belt would be worn under armor (realeasable assault vest or plate carrier) and the chest rig over it. Rucks and assault packs are problematic with armor and there is only one system I would use with it - the Mystery Ranch BVS. That will be covered in the next thread I do regarding wilderness / hunting gear. Now what the hell is BOB? Also, what do you know about patrolling? Just curious as I was a Ranger instructor and know a little about patrolling all of which was done with rucksacks in the 80-120 pound range.

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't noticed how low-profile they were until I looked a second time. I would say that my patrolling experience ranges from somewhere between none and very little. I'm thinking more along the lines of Joe (or Mickey) Civilian wanting to get his family safely from Point A and Point B during the type of situation that would have people running around in Battle Belts with ARs or AKs. A BOB is a Bug-Out-Bag, which is a pre-packed backpack intended to keep you hydrated, fed, and sheltered for 72-hours while on the move. Mine is incomplete, but significantly less than 120 pounds.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I swear when I see that guy and the other youtube guy "nutnfancy" its like watching Rainman give a review.

I'm not saying I'm on KevP's level but how do these guys get to be Youtube superstars? I know at least 75% of the guys on this board alone would do better reviews on firearm related stuff. Some of the shit they review they have never even shot, or maybe they ran one mag through it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm not saying I'm on KevP's level but how do these guys get to be Youtube superstars? I know at least 75% of the guys on this board alone would do better reviews on firearm related stuff. Some of the shit they review they have never even shot, or maybe they ran one mag through it.

Thats exactly why I have a problem with the reviews, dudes probably in his moms basement doing jumping jacks doing his review. They arent trigger pullers, or gunsmiths so why do people give them audience. But what do we know? ;)

I would like to see some WORN OUT GEAR, done by people who know their stuff for a real "Review". I dont want to see some clean pristine "office/basement test" saying "this is great", or some review by a spolied rich boy with tons of money to blow on gear with no scratches on it, or reviews given bay a person who was given a freebie. What kind of "Review" would one expect?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Hey I'm just a hobbyist really but I shoot a lot and competition. I also do a ton of research on just about everything I shoot and build all my own guns. If I talk about something it's because I have used or abused it or have seen it first hand. How a guy can review a gun he just took out of a case is pretty damn funny.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Hey I'm just a hobbyist really but I shoot a lot and competition. I also do a ton of research on just about everything I shoot and build all my own guns. If I talk about something it's because I have used or abused it or have seen it first hand. How a guy can review a gun he just took out of a case is pretty damn funny.

Success is determined by your ability to convince your audience you know what you're talking about. Not by actually KNOWING what you're talking about. The youtube phenoms are marketing to the lowest common denominator (13 year olds who have nothing better do to than cruise youtube looking for the guy with the sweetest jumping demos).

I trust what Kevp says because everyone here seems to have a pretty strong BS detector and they seem to trust him. Plus I hear you learn some pretty cool s*** being a Ranger.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I see what you did there...

Just kidding, I can't wait to read your review of that new modular Colt carbine if you get the chance.

I should have phrased that differently. :D My opinion means nothing about body gear because I dont use it enough, or test a wide enough variety to merit having a trustworthy opinion/review.

I meant gunsmiths for reviews about gun parts/accesories or weapons themselves only.

Like RissD said, the trigger pullers are the ones I take advice from on HOW to shoot and what gear to equip myself with if I have to make serious use of my weapon and gear.

I will be happy to give a thorough review if Colt brings that bad boy to the civy market. :thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    There are 5-10 guys on here that if they say anything, you just listen. Kev's in my top 3.

Success is determined by your ability to convince your audience you know what you're talking about. Not by actually KNOWING what you're talking about. The youtube phenoms are marketing to the lowest common denominator (13 year olds who have nothing better do to than cruise youtube looking for the guy with the sweetest jumping demos).

I trust what Kevp says because everyone here seems to have a pretty strong BS detector and they seem to trust him. Plus I hear you learn some pretty cool s*** being a Ranger.
    :thumbsup:

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Believe it or not, MSM is on a lot of boards and even does manufacturer interviews at SHOT. I saw him filming Kyle Lamb demonstrating the VTAC sling one year. He is free advertising and airsofters spend money too. In case you didn't know, he is the guy that makes alot of these patches. I still wouldn't be relying on his tactical prowess.....hello J Mintzer....hint, hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom