• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I was wondering if you got it narrowed down to one thing you want to work better. Didn’t sound like you were having a malfunction.

So with the buffer you can try an adjustable weight buffer with a spring you have and see if you might want more or less recoil/return then get a different spring and go back to the buffer you want. Odin Works is the buffer kit I used.

I tried a bunch of that in a 6.8 SPC thinking It was underused but turned out the bolt carrier wasn’t ‘right’. I put back in the stock spring and buffer that came with the lower I used. Maybe a different animal but an idea.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I was wondering if you got it narrowed down to one thing you want to work better. Didn’t sound like you were having a malfunction.

So with the buffer you can try an adjustable weight buffer with a spring you have and see if you might want more or less recoil/return then get a different spring and go back to the buffer you want. Odin Works is the buffer kit I used.

I tried a bunch of that in a 6.8 SPC thinking It was underused but turned out the bolt carrier wasn’t ‘right’. I put back in the stock spring and buffer that came with the lower I used. Maybe a different animal but an idea.
    The original main goal was to determine some sense of buffer spring standardization. My Fightlite MCR (belt fed AR15) uses a proprietary buffer spring and a standard H3 buffer. The system requires a heavier spring and H3 buffer in order to strip the ammo out of the belts.

First, I wanted to maybe find a more common replacement spring with the same properties as the proprietary Flightlite MCR for future possible repairs.

Second, If I started messing around with things like the fire control group, I wanted a standard base line that I could deviate from and then return to when needed.

All of the buffer spring manufacturers offer as a description is "standard", "light", "heavy", "super spring", etc.

If there was a standard that I could compare existing production springs to, I could figure out what I needed from there.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    The original main goal was to determine some sense of buffer spring standardization. My Fightlite MCR (belt fed AR15) uses a proprietary buffer spring and a standard H3 buffer. The system requires a heavier spring and H3 buffer in order to strip the ammo out of the belts.

First, I wanted to maybe find a more common replacement spring with the same properties as the proprietary Flightlite MCR for future possible repairs.

Second, If I started messing around with things like the fire control group, I wanted a standard base line that I could deviate from and then return to when needed.

All of the buffer spring manufacturers offer as a description is "standard", "light", "heavy", "super spring", etc.

If there was a standard that I could compare existing production springs to, I could figure out what I needed from there.
    so really is just an exercise to see what might work. I know it can be frustrating when a small difference in a part makes a big difference in operation and at other times we might wish that a part is over prepared to do it’s job so we don’t have to worry about a couple, extra coils or a little difference in length of a similar spring to operate correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom