• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruube

Feb 19, 2008
    I believe it is time for us to organize and to become a force to be recond with. Here are some of my ideas. We have monthly or alternating monthly meetings. We establish a dues or voluntary contribution process. We place a 2nd amendment lawyer on retainer. We purchase a peice of property for a private shooting range. We let Annapolis know that we are pissed and they need to listen. Of course this will take time and money but with a large membership we could get er done. What do you guys and girls think?

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Good Luck with that. Even though this state is fairly small meetings wont work. Dues? For what? Private shooting range, good luck to find one big enough for all members here, thats what Delmarva is for. Lawyer has been talked about and we do have a guy who posts here from time to time. Im sure if we really needed one we could ask him.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I believe it is time for us to organize and to become a force to be recond with. Here are some of my ideas. We have monthly or alternating monthly meetings.
    :thumbsup:
    We establish a dues or voluntary contribution process.
    Make it voluntary. Too much money and we may have to start filing paperwork or something and maybe creating an organization. We already have MSI, so another MD organization may be a little redundant.

We place a 2nd amendment lawyer on retainer.
    Depending on how Heller goes. A good MD gun law lawyer would be good enough IMO. No need for a Const. attorney.

We purchase a peice of property for a private shooting range.
    I doubt any of us have that much money or that there are enough of us. Most prices of land in MD is way crazy nowadays.

We let Annapolis know that we are pissed and they need to listen. Of course this will take time and money but with a large membership we could get er done. What do you guys and girls think?
    I think it is a great idea. I think we should start with a protest in Annapolis now.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yeah, ditto what Novus and the others have said re a shooting range. Berwyn spent a quarter of a million dollars on their range so they could re-open and get insurance and they already had the land.

gruube

Feb 19, 2008
    ok from what I am reading we have some nay sayers. not what we need . We have to take things under our own control. We could make this the envy of Maryland if not the country. Yes I am aiming high. Nouvus I need you as well as DD214. You guys seem to be leaders. I am not an organizer but I do have ideas and heart. Ladies and gentlemen we need to get toghther or we are just another forum.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    good luck on the land.... its cheap now because of the market but if somone pitches in for land they want some ownership in it... taxes etc... its not that easy... especially if you want a shooting range which requires alot of land..... lots of red tape there

edit: can i be the poster child thing? only if it includes a gun or 2 and some ammo :D

postmako

C&R Member
    Jan 10, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    I believe it is time for us to organize and to become a force to be recond with.

We are organized, we are all here.

We have monthly or alternating monthly meetings. We establish a dues or voluntary contribution process.

What for?

We place a 2nd amendment lawyer on retainer.

It would be great to find all of the trial lawyers already on the board in case any of us needs their help.

We purchase a peice[sic] of property for a private shooting range.

At $250,000 per acre, good luck! An acre may give you just about a 100 yard range. This doesn't include yearly taxes, insurance, environmental concerns, etc. Too much of a pain in the ass. Maybe someone who has their own chunk of land wouldn't mind donating a day or so every year to bring us out and have at it.

We let Annapolis know that we are pissed and they need to listen.

What are we pissed about? Why do they need to listen? I think the attached document describes what we can do that is best for the 2nd Amendment. We can organize that way. Enjoy...

Attachments

• Grassroots-Action-Guide.pdf
      253.1 KB · Views: 35

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    ok from what I am reading we have some nay sayers. not what we need . We have to take things under our own control. We could make this the envy of Maryland if not the country. Yes I am aiming high. Nouvus I need you as well as DD214. You guys seem to be leaders.
    YOu may be right about DD214, but me a leader? :lol2:

I am not an organizer but I do have ideas and heart. Ladies and gentlemen we need to get toghther or we are just another forum.
    While we can do a whole lot more, we have been able to organize a few things through this forum in the past two or three years. I agree, we have a huge potential yet to be realized and utilized better.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The last thing that is needed is another "group" vying for the attention and ear of our elected officials. There are already too many "groups" that try to present themselves as the "voice of MD gun owners" and the appearance of all of these differing organizations in the general assembly makes things very, very difficult for their to be a unified message to be sent to our elected officials.

The strength of this forum is, and has always been, that we can genuinely say that we are acting as individuals and are not the mouthpipe of the NRA or some other organization.

We will be seeing action soon....especially if Heller comes down today or this week.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie

The strength of this forum is, and has always been, that we can genuinely say that we are acting as individuals and are not the mouthpipe of the NRA or some other organization.

Besides me being a cheap bastard and something about the NRA I don't like, that is the reason I don't join. I want to be able to say I am not a member of the NRA and therefore can't be accused of shilling for them.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Besides me being a cheap bastard and something about the NRA I don't like, that is the reason I don't join. I want to be able to say I am not a member of the NRA and therefore can't be accused of shilling for them.

It's not even the part about "being a member" that has the impact, since no one knows if you are or not. I'm a member of MSI, and usually pretty active there, but when I speak in Annapolis I'm representing myself and I agree that it's what makes us so strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom