• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have and hand press and stuff. It gets put away into the box from the boots I won in Trooper's karma a while back.

I picked up a cheap tackle organizer from Walmart that I put bullets, shells, primers and small tools, etc. in.

Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    Mobile single stage reloading bench. Based around my Lee Breech Lock reloading kit. Mounted on a metal saw/work horse from Lowes and a 2x6. This allows me to reload while watching TV. For safety I pause the shows to charge the cases with powder.

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpg
      IMG_1539.jpg
      93.1 KB · Views: 1,512

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Wow, lots of cool benches, my press, dies, tumbler etc is on order now and should be set up in about 2 weeks, I can't wait! I will make sure to throw up my sure to be sloppy mess to get the rest of these jokers off the fence.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Reloading Bench

Last hurricane that came here turned everything upside down. Still works. :D
    Both are Dillon 650's, one primarilary for 9mm and the other for 45 ACP.

Attachments

• IMG_1506.JPG
      IMG_1506.JPG
      23.6 KB · Views: 1,511

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Hodgepodge,

For the work surface of my reloading bench, the top layer is 1/4" tempered hardboard (i.e. Masonite), over 2 thicknesses of 3/4" plywood that were glued and screwed together. The Masonite provides a hard, smooth surface that is ideal for reloading, while the plywood provide rigidity and weight for the reloading presses. The top layer is NOT permanently affixed to the plywood substrate. Instead, it's merely nailed down with tiny finishing brads. That way when the top gets too badly scarred, it can be easily replaced. To hide the plywood edges, I ran a rim of 3/4" oak around the top. I used the same setup on my main workbench tabletop that I built more than 30 yrs ago, and I've replaced the Masonite a couple of times over the years.

Joe

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I like diagonals to brace my benches because they are free standing, not attached to a wall. I am not a carpenter so things aren't beautiful and I don't bother to put a finish on them, but they are very solid.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    The top of the bench is 3/4 plywood with a masonite top. The plugs are cut with 2 different size hole saws. The presses and powder measures (and a drill press and baby band saw) are mounted on scrap 2x and held on the bench with C clamps.

My area also looks like an explosion on the loading dock at Midway. I load most pistol calibers on the Dillon and a few pistol(44Mag , 32 S&W and .380 ACP) and all rifle on the Lee Classic Cast Turret . That is a Forster Co-Ax press under the black cover that I purchased used and have not had the time to play with yet. The other presses are handy for other operations -decapping, etc.

The bench behind me is on wheels and is used mostly for storage and cleaning.

This a is a two tiered bullet and brass dish made from something from IKEA which is at a height to save reaching when I load with the Classic Cast Press. There is a single tiered one next to the Dillon.
    DocAitch

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    I'm pretty short on space so I got a wall cabinet, made a toe kick under it and a top for it from doubled screwed/glued solid shelving board. Fits a surprising amount of stuff inside and out of view.
    DSCN1715 (Medium).JPG

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    So I finally got everything built and set up and I had promised pics so here they are:

This is the full bench and press set up, complete with an surprisingly comfortable Orioles stool and Dremel in the back that I used to make my own "I Are Gunsmith" badge. :innocent0
    IMAG0491-2.jpg

Here is a closer shot from the top, the garden faucet crank is attached to some 1/4" all thread that goes through a small hole I drilled in the top of the bench. This is a VERY sturdy way to clamp the press down for me.
    IMAG0492-2.jpg

This is a close up of the underneath supports, the press is held down with 1/4" x 6" hex bolts with the nut-end bored out of the bottom plate to keep the base flush. I took some 3/8" SS tubing and cut it down to spruce things up and to support the top plate that is only 1" pine.
    IMAG0497-2.jpg

I will be drilling a hole out from under the press soon to make it easier to collect all the primers but other than that, it has served me well for all 40 rounds I have made :party29:

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Very nice! Having an easily movable press is a great feature.

PS - don't forget to regularly clean your dryer exhaust duct!

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Very nice! Having an easily movable press is a great feature.

PS - don't forget to regularly clean your dryer exhaust duct!

Thank you very much, I got the idea from my dads setup, I liked the idea of just needing a table to work on and to be able to put it away when I don't need it out.

I cleaned it right after I took the pics, I was cleaning up a small powder spill and realized the dust pan was right next to the still-warm dryer and thought better of the direction of my broom.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Its a little messy currently. My brother and I just added the LnL.

How are you getting the lever to pull down all the way with the 2x4 in the way? Did you just mount the press out a little further? I am having an issue where mine would bump my 2x4 if I didn't pull the press out some or cut away some of the wood.

Last edited:

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Landing Zone for Incoming LNL, Lee Pro or ???

Here's my combination workbench and gun hobby center. I just finished it last week and now just need to chose the right press to put on it. Yellow text shows where the new reloader will be. Materials for the bench were $135 and the base cabinet was $25. I used the "torsion beam" based plan I found here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/319362_Bench_How_to___You_canandapos_t_count_on_everyone_being_able_to_build_a_safe_and_sturdy_one_on_their_own_.html
    The pegboard was already there above a cheap a$$ folding table in our bug in room in the basement. It took me about ten hours and I have very little carpentry experience. I scaled it down from the author's 8' long bench to a 5' long bench bolted to a 24" base cabinet. Top surface is 3/4" plywood that I had ripped and cut to length at HD. Rear support is secured to the wall studs with 3" wood screws. I used Minwax Polyshades (stain & poly in one can) to finish it off. Other than the used cabinet I found on Craigslist and the plywood, it's all 2x4s and is solid as a rock. (The 20ga. 870 is the tool of choice for coaxing off stubborn fasteners and young men who seek to date my daughters...)
    WorkBenchAnnotated.jpg

theBIGone2087

Point-of-Aim Productions
    Aug 15, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    How are you getting the lever to pull down all the way with the 2x4 in the way? Did you just mount the press out a little further? I am having an issue where mine would bump my 2x4 if I didn't pull the press out some or cut away some of the wood.

the legs of the table are set back and the press is mountedso the bolts JUST clear the 2x4's that make the edge. We have never had problems with the handles and rams not clearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom