• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Pretty stupid leaving a gun on the back seat floor and it appears the kid knows how to shoot.

"Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22," she wrote.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Nice. Leaves loaded pistol in plain sight inside vehicle. Becomes stupid-game prize winner.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Sad and I'd love to know why a supposedly knowledgeable gun owner would be truckin' 'round with an un-harnessed four year-old in the back seat and in the vicinity of a loaded sidearm?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    News travels fast

Piers Morgon (yep, the moron Morgon); gets tickled when he hears about horrible accidents like this. He posts them so all his anti-gun friends can mock and laugh at the poor soul that it happened too. I think they feel vindicated because they want to ban all guns so, when an innocent person gets hurt by a firearm they gloat 'that wouldn't have happened if there were no guns!' Which is true, but they totally ignore all the good that guns do, which far out weighs these horrible accidents. I also don't agree with laughing at people when they get hurt, there's something sadistic about it.

Yes, it appears she made a HUGE mistake by leaving the gun unattended around her child; she's paying the price for that grave error of judgement now. Charging her with a misdemeanor just ads insult to injury (literally).

Reminder, we have the same kind of law here in Maryland as they do in Florida - it is the owners responsibility to keep the firearm away from prohibited persons and minors (16 and under (I believe)); unless they have successfully completed the hunter safety class. I agree with this law, its straight forward. If anything, it should be expanded to say ANY firearms safety course. When my son was a minor, I personally taught him all about firearms and as he got older trusted him shooting them. Not all kids are equal, and I don't teach kids unless they have the right attitude, attention span, display sound judgement and temperament; and I require at least one of their parents to be present. Some kids as young as 7 are good to go, most kids are good by around 10 years old.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    as you noted, positive control is the issue. leaving a holster with little or no retention anywhere but on your belt seems fraught with risks.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    a holster with that low level of retention probably shouldn't be used for SD or CCW.

Just my opinion.

I didn't see anywhere mentioned the type of holster. If any.

I am still befuddled how a small kid like that could manipulate (to his hands a large handgun) to shoot it. I can also see that gun leaving his hand(s) with the recoil and probably hitting himself in the face. It doesn't mention if he was injured in any way.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i was commenting on the post that asked if the gun might have fallen out of a holster

I wonder if there is a possibility the gun fell into the back seat from a holster or something. Not really an excuse, since she still lost control of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom