• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    my opinion on these bill is they are unconstitutional and extreme infringements on my rights.

your opinion was? that they are ok to infringe on your rights some and that having a made up requirement to register these parts with the nfa is ok with you? and no way to allow inheritance of these parts and pieces?

My opinion is that NFA and the Hughes amendment are unconstitutional, but that we are a long way away from convincing the general public its ok for civilians to own machine guns. Especially right after a massacre.

We cannot even get the Supreme Court to hear a public carry case!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    My opinion is that NFA and the Hughes amendment are unconstitutional, but that we are a long way away from convincing the general public its ok for civilians to own machine guns. Especially right after a massacre.

We cannot even get the Supreme Court to hear a public carry case!

I can agree with this but this horse has already left the barn, I don't agree with any more unconstitutional bs being passed.

and I believe these two bills are unconstitutional and any rep that voted for them is voting against their oaths and are the worst kind of antis

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    all this ******** about we are winning because we are losing bits and pieces is ********.

we are losing

losing

losing

theres no winning in losing

THIS!

Then sorry your opinion does not count. Only people who vote get to be heard. That's how the system works.

And the choice is not "anti 2a or anti 2a." Dems will not only actively take your guns, but raise your taxes, to hand out free college tuition to illegal immigrants.

FIFY. Own the language, own the debate.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I can agree with this but this horse has already left the barn, I don't agree with any more unconstitutional bs being passed.

and I believe these two bills are unconstitutional and any rep that voted for them is voting against their oaths and are the worst kind of antis

I dont agree with a lot of things. You have to get out, participate, persuade other people, and vote. Not passing something was not a choice this year.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I dont agree with a lot of things. You have to get out, participate, persuade other people, and vote. Not passing something was not a choice this year.

I have always done all those things but I still wont vote for antis, never have , never will.

and other states have not passed bump stock bans, and the world didn't crash down on them, so it was a choice. just like all those republicans voting anti, they had a choice, and they chose, throwing us under the bus while doing it.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I'm not sure how the new bumpstock ban is better than the original.

The original didn't give the MSP/AG a means to declare machine conversion devices banned. The new version does.

And if you think they won't do that....just remind yourself of the 29" law applied to rifles and SBRs which apparently are handguns are under statute but still rifles according to MSP.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That what I've been told by my Rep, the NRA and WH have greenlite the bump stock bans. Batfe will have new letters out by the end of the year on them. Banned with grandfather clauses.

Not in Maryland, the NRA testified against both the House and the Senate version of the "bump Stock" bill here in Maryland.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Simple fact is Trump and the NRA gave the Republicans cover to do this. Can't blame Hogan.

You guys will like the Dem more. or not.

Personally I am voting for Hogan and sent him money. I cannot hold him responsible since the NRA basically condoned it.

To be completely fair, the original versions of the bump stock ban and restraining orders were really horrible. They could have passed in that form, one way or the other. We did get very tight language in the bump stock ban, and the ERPO "Red flag" bill is much much better than the original version.

How so, since the NRA testified against the "bump Stock" bill in Maryland in both the House and the Senate hearings?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    How so, since the NRA testified against the "bump Stock" bill in Maryland in both the House and the Senate hearings?

"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

That's what they came out with.

The strategery of opposing legislation so that the ATF could regulate them through the BATFE in a friendly administration was a nuance lost on most people. Oppose legislation, endorse regulation. Too clever by half. The goal, ostensibly, was to avoid the sausage making in Congress which inevitably would have captured more than bump stocks. What ended up happening is that most people read that statement as endorsing bump stock regulation through legislation.

It also did not help that lots of prominent conservative A+ rated Republicans went on TV on Fox and said machine guns are banned.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    all this ******** about we are winning because we are losing bits and pieces is ********.

we are losing

losing

losing

theres no winning in losing

We certainly are this year, with no reach around, no lube, and no kiss.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

That's what they came out with.

The strategery of opposing legislation so that the ATF could regulate them through the BATFE in a friendly administration was a nuance lost on most people. Oppose legislation, endorse regulation. Too clever by half. The goal, ostensibly, was to avoid the sausage making in Congress which inevitably would have captured more than bump stocks. What ended up happening is that most people read that statement as endorsing bump stock regulation through legislation.

It also did not help that lots of prominent conservative A+ rated Republicans went on TV on Fox and said machine guns are banned.

At the National level, yes, but NOT at the state level. The NRA testified both in writing and in person, in both the Maryland House and the Maryland Senate against the "bump stock" bill.

So again, how did the NRA give Hogan, or the any Republican in Maryland, cover in Maryland when they clearly testified (IN MARYLAND) against Maryland bills?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    We certainly are this year, with no reach around, no lube, and no kiss.

Dan, I have a lot of faith in what you say and how you say it and it’s generally easier for me to understand. Can you please explain what the hell has happened with the republicans and the 2a this session? The southern md delegates have turned into traitors and the explanation I have from 2 of them( deb Rey hadn’t returned my call) is just fvcking rediculous. Anyone knows bumpstocks and binary triggers don’t make machine guns and allowing any interested party report someone and their guns are confiscated without due process is unconstitutional. I have even heard a republican rep say when the cops come to get your guns “ it’s not like they get a search warrant or anything “
    , if so how do they search your house for your guns? Are these reps really this stupid? Or what?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    At the National level, yes, but NOT at the state level. The NRA testified both in writing and in person, in both the Maryland House and the Maryland Senate against the "bump stock" bill.

So again, how did the NRA give Hogan, or the any Republican in Maryland, cover in Maryland when they clearly testified (IN MARYLAND) against Maryland bills?

They were for regulation. "Regulation" is all people heard. So we got regulation. "Process" arguments are lost on most people. (as in "I am for it through the BATFE, against it through congress or state houses"). To most people, its sounds like talking out of both sides of their mouth. Also, the number of people who tuned in to testimony dwarfs by three orders of magnitude the number of people who read the NRA testimony in the media. I am not even sure our fine Delegates tune in to testimony.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Dan, I have a lot of faith in what you say and how you say it and it’s generally easier for me to understand. Can you please explain what the hell has happened with the republicans and the 2a this session? The southern md delegates have turned into traitors and the explanation I have from 2 of them( deb Rey hadn’t returned my call) is just fvcking rediculous. Anyone knows bumpstocks and binary triggers don’t make machine guns and allowing any interested party report someone and their guns are confiscated without due process is unconstitutional. I have even heard a republican rep say when the cops come to get your guns “ it’s not like they get a search warrant or anything “
    , if so how do they search your house for your guns? Are these reps really this stupid? Or what?

Brother, if I had an answer that made any sense, I would share it, but I have been hearing the same BS you have and it hasn't gotten any better. My saving grace is all of my Delegates have a (D) behind their names, so I expect this, but you guys that have "2a Friends" all I can say is, don't tense up so it doesn't hurt so bad.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    They were for regulation. "Regulation" is all people heard. So we got regulation. "Process" arguments are lost on most people. (as in "I am for it through the BATFE, against it through congress or state houses"). To most people, its sounds like talking out of both sides of their mouth. Also, the number of people who tuned in to testimony dwarfs by three orders of magnitude the number of people who read the NRA testimony in the media. I am not even sure our fine Delegates tune in to testimony.

Again, you are talking about the NRA argument at the federal level, you seem to not understand the NRA argument in front of the state.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Brother, if I had an answer that made any sense, I would share it, but I have been hearing the same BS you have and it hasn't gotten any better. My saving grace is all of my Delegates have a (D) behind their names, so I expect this, but you guys that have "2a Friends" all I can say is, don't tense up so it doesn't hurt so bad.

Thanks, lol

I was so rung up a couple time I thought I was having a heart attack, I thought I was getting dumber or something listening to some of their ********. I know they aren’t as stupid as their excuses are.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks, lol

I was so rung up a couple time I thought I was having a heart attack, I thought I was getting dumber or something listening to some of their ********. I know they aren’t as stupid as their excuses are.

I'll be down in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks, if you have time, have a beer?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks, lol

I was so pissed off, it was all I could do to not call some of these folks and let have it with both barrels. But then that would have just ratcheted up by BP higher, which wouldn't have done me any good.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Again, you are talking about the NRA argument at the federal level, you seem to not understand the NRA argument in front of the state.

I fully understand the distinction and what they were trying to accomplish and initially (like back in Oct) I was 100% on board and thought it was very shrewd. I also heard all the testimony.

In retrospect, seeing the results, I think support at the national level for "regulation" completely undermined their position at the state level and muddied the message. It also did not help that they did a 180 on extreme risk protection orders.

Few people really listen to testimony, and even if they did, they can dismiss it when the org seems to do a 180 on something like ERPO. If people do not know what the NRAs official position is on bump stock regulation, I don't blame them. If they think its different today than a few months ago, I dont blame them for that either.

So when I say NRA gave Republicans cover, the NRA muddied the message and undermined themselves at best, and appeared to endorse bump stock regulation and ERPOs at worst.

I dont hate on the NRA and still send them money. I just think that they were poorly prepared and muddied the message this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom