Votes: 10 21.7%
    • Other

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

THEKOONTZ

Mar 2, 2012
    Pasadena/Glen Burnie
    Man i wish i would have known how to make a poll when I started my other threads :).

So I have a choice to make in the finish of my 1st 1911. The difference in money is $45.00 up charge for the stainless

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I voted for Blued. Personally, if you're going to spend the money for a LB, the $45 difference shouldn't even play into your decision. Get stainless because that's what you want...or don't.

$45 on a 2K 1911 isn't an issue you should be worried about.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I like Blue.....or parkerized

Old school pistol, old school finish. Even as the finish wears, it's honest wear that only serves to accent the classic lines.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    From a long-term performance perspective chrome is the way to go, there's no doubt about it. Order the gun blued, shoot it enough to satisfy yourself that it works properly, then send it off to be hard chromed.

WARNING: once you own a hard chromed gun that you shoot the piss out of you will want to have the rest of your 1911's hard chromed.

THEKOONTZ

Mar 2, 2012
    Pasadena/Glen Burnie
    well with the top 2 being 8 for blued and 4 for hard chrome so far, i could always get the blued and when it wore enough to bother me I could get it hard chromed or some other badass finish on it.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    From a long-term performance perspective chrome is the way to go, there's no doubt about it. Order the gun blued, shoot it enough to satisfy yourself that it works properly, then send it off to be hard chromed.

WARNING: once you own a hard chromed gun that you shoot the piss out of you will want to have the rest of your 1911's hard chromed.

HC.
    LB isn't known for good bluing anyway.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    To awnser your question I like H-C . I am thinking about one of my blued ones and going ether Robar NP3 or H-C. Robar also has some very good finishes.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    I'll throw in a vote for stainless. Your initial plan/thought was stainless and you should stick with it particularly for $45. It's lower maintenance than a blued gun and I believe you said you would be carrying, so that means sweat and corrosion for a blued gun. Hard chrome is nice (I have it on one of my sig slides) but it's by no means flawless over time and it's not cheap if done properly.

Ignore the nonsense about SS shooting loose. Les Baer seems fairly proud of their accuracy so if SS was so bad would they really keep using it? Also don't forget you can also take stainless back to a more durable black finish if you later decide to go that direction.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of SS for a 1911 but it makes sense for your purpose. If it were me I'd just buy this and call it a day.

Attachments

• 10DW_Valor_black.jpg
      10DW_Valor_black.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 203

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Doesn't matter whar you get as long as you don't put pearl grips on it.

Pearls grips on Chrome or Polished SS and you will look like a pimp from cheap New Orleans whore house abeit a pimp with good tastes in 1911s but a pimp just the same.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Doesn't matter whar you get as long as you don't put pearl grips on it.

Pearls grips on Chrome or Polished SS and you will look like a pimp from cheap New Orleans whore house abeit a pimp with good tastes in 1911s but a pimp just the same.

:lol: :lol2:

Now Ivory is another thing. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Tiger maple always struck my fancy, but it'd have to be on a mantle piece gun.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I prefer blue, but you can't go wrong with stainless either.
    One thing make sure you have plenty of patience, I ordered my LB last September.
    It is still not complete. They claim they are concentrating on AR's, and backlogged.
    It was supposed to be done June 15, but now they claim they are waiting on B0-MAR
    for sights. Good Luck with the gun and get what you want the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom