[LEOSA] Weak hand - two handed shooting. Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    So, after 30+ years military/law enforcement, I am now on my fifth federal agency (USCP), and they have a “weak hand supported” string of fire. I had not seen that technique before either. After my initial reaction thinking “this is just weird,” I began to try to figure out why and how it could be applied. This is what I came up with:

If you come out from behind the barricade, weapon in your weak hand, if you use the same eye as the hand that the gun is in, you will expose a little less of your face, than if you used your other eye. So for me, left side, left hand, left eye.

Now, I wouldn’t recommend using this as your go-to technique if you found yourself in a gunfight and had to fight from your weak side around cover just yet. This would take a significant amount of repetitive training to get down pat. Especially for those who have only done it one way. But I do recommend trying it in training. While it is just a few inches, maybe that’s all you need to survive. At the end of the day, you’re going to revert to what you know and practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom