• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandbanger

how's it going eisenhower
    Dec 14, 2010
    I know it may sound far fetch, I would love to have the ability (if the ccw goes through) to have local MDShooters as lawyers, a call away. I think it would be an awesome Idea for a retainer package. If enough MDshooters (provided ccw goes through) put money in the pot, this could ensure we have competent legal counsel minutes away. and keeps money within the mdshooter family. I apologise for the grammar.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I know it may sound far fetch, I would love to have the ability (if the ccw goes through) to have local MDShooters as lawyers, a call away. I think it would be an awesome Idea for a retainer package. If enough MDshooters (provided ccw goes through) put money in the pot, this could ensure we have competent legal counsel minutes away. and keeps money within the mdshooter family. I apologise for the grammar.

First, I'm not your guy (but if anyone has corporate governance or D&O insurance issues, give me a call).

That said, the idea doesn't seem workable to me for reasons that a non-lawyer may not appreciate. If a lawyer accepts money from many people without clarity about who the client is and who calls the shots, it creates ethical issues. Even if I had comptence in this area of the law, I would not want to risk potentially career-ending ethical violations.

If, however, there is a lawyer who feels competent in this area of the law, it can't hurt to post your number for people who may need representation. Then, if anyone on the board feels like contributing to another member's defense fund, they can do so at that time... should they feel the cause is just.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009

You can always PM me and ask for my contact information.

FYI: To the legal members of this community, the e-mail is out. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom