• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Yeah, that was totally idiotic! Like Bushmaster was in some way more fearsome and terrible than all the others. They should have filed a lawsuit!:sad20:

I think because they have a snake on them they are more fearsome and therefore the law is sensible. I think the one's with a spider on them could be an issue next time. Better watch out for the lowers fashioned into a skull or wild boar too.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I recently purchased my first AR upper and went with a Colt that is stamped HBAR, so I'm good to go. But Just out of curiosity, can anybody explain to me why in a politician's mind, a heavy barrel is ok, but a regular barrel isn't? Maybe this is just a rhetorical question, since I doubt it is even possible to explain their thought process.:)

You have to go back the origins of the list. This is the Federal ban list from 1994, that started in 1989.

The Colt HBAR Match Sporter was exempted as it was a "target" rifle. And the people doing the ban wanted to show that they were not against hunting and target shooting. Those were OK, just those evil looking rifles that could not have any legitimate purpose.

So that is how that rifle got exempted from the ban. It was not that it was HBAR, but that it was MATCH.

Of course, we fast forward to the MD idiots, and they latch on to the HBAR, not the MATCH provision.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    They weren't seen in any Arnold Schwarzenegger movies either, so they're perfectly safe.:rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

I thought is was Scarface that caused all this, or was it Rambo, no no Red Dawn, or Apocalypse Now, We Were Soldiers, or was it Heat...:sarcasm:

Last edited:

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I recently purchased my first AR upper and went with a Colt that is stamped HBAR, so I'm good to go. But Just out of curiosity, can anybody explain to me why in a politician's mind, a heavy barrel is ok, but a regular barrel isn't? Maybe this is just a rhetorical question, since I doubt it is even possible to explain their thought process.:)

There is no thought process put into it, as is some of the commentary, the Antis/Haters/Misguided or who or what ever they represent just relate to an image and association by character , NOT FACT or reasonable explanation...

As is the notion of the " AR" that only exists in the Antis mind as an "Assault Rifle" and not the Fact it means "Armorlite Rifle".

If I got a penny for every disassociation referencing AR I would be a rich man...

Plus Politicians react to opinions and dream of the fallacy of an interaction of an euphoric society were we all just get along...

It is frustrating when the content of some Laws have no content...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom