• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Folks,
    Been gone for a while. Glad to be posting again.
    I'm currently making a wall mount for a Lee Enfield for my Pastor's birthday.
    It's a Mk3 from around 1916 that he inherited from his father. (the only thing he got from the estate.)
    I need someone who has the same or similar model to do me a favor and take a couple measurements for me.
    1. with the gun lying on it's side bolt handle up I need to know how high the stock is off the surface it sits on right behind the trigger guard. (This is to figure out how long to make the back mount to set the rifle on.
    2. Need the distance from the back surface of the stock Butt Plate) to the back of the trigger guard. This is so I know where the place the back mount.
    3. I need the distance from the end of the barrel to the back side of the piling swivel (just back of the bayonet lug.)
    Thanks in advance.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Folks,
    Been gone for a while. Glad to be posting again.
    I'm currently making a wall mount for a Lee Enfield for my Pastor's birthday.
    It's a Mk3 from around 1916 that he inherited from his father. (the only thing he got from the estate.)
    I need someone who has the same or similar model to do me a favor and take a couple measurements for me.
    1. with the gun lying on it's side bolt handle up I need to know how high the stock is off the surface it sits on right behind the trigger guard. (This is to figure out how long to make the back mount to set the rifle on.
    2. Need the distance from the back surface of the stock Butt Plate) to the back of the trigger guard. This is so I know where the place the back mount.
    3. I need the distance from the end of the barrel to the back side of the piling swivel (just back of the bayonet lug.)
    Thanks in advance.

1.) 2"
    2.) 12" - Note that SMLE buttstocks were built in 3 different lengths so this could vary on your pastor's gun.
    3.) 4 1/2" from end of barrel. 4 3/4" from end of nose cap for bayonet.
    Hope this helps.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    1.) 2"
    2.) 12" - Note that SMLE buttstocks were built in 3 different lengths so this could vary on your pastor's gun.
    3.) 4 1/2" from end of barrel. 4 3/4" from end of nose cap for bayonet.
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you!
    The 12" measurement is close enough. His wife measured it also but was unsure of herself. Same number.
    Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom