• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Now why did you feel you needed to add that crazy bit of erroneous BGOS-ery? You even put the most erroneous part in scare quotes, and THEN you immediately admit, correctly, that what you just said is nowhere in any "statute or regulation."

I think that's the mostest peculiarist post I ever recall seeing.

The OP is already paranoid enough, worrying that somehow Big Brother is going to know- just know - what is in a locked safe in a locked office in a locked suite.

Big Brother is not going to know what is in her safe, nor in her car. But keeping the gun in the safe at work is legal, and driving a roundabout route with a stop or two for errands is also legal.

Some people should positively know better, and BurkeM is one of them.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Yes during the glendening bs the elkton state police barracks used to go to elk neck state park gun range and write down tags. Then sit in the McDs near by and hem people up who stopped to eat after the range. I used to know someone it happened to, he got lucky and did not have a handgun in his truck when they tried it with him. But several people where not so lucky.

Edit I do think it wound up getting shut down by the courts.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Yes during the glendening bs the elkton state police barracks used to go to elk neck state park gun range and write down tags. Then sit in the McDs near by and hem people up who stopped to eat after the range. I used to know someone it happened to, he got lucky and did not have a handgun in his truck when they tried it with him. But several people where not so lucky.

Edit I do think it wound up getting shut down by the courts.
    Did the firearms transport specifically get shot down on its own, or was this part of the ruling back in the day when LEO’s got “in trouble” (?) for sitting across the street from bars and pulling people over and target-DWI testing them?

Sometime back in the late 80’s or early 90’s in my hardcore barhopping days, we all knew not to park near the bar so the cops sitting in the parking lot across the street wouldn't follow you home and pull you over a half mile into your drive. Then one day, they weren’t parked out front any more. I believe it was rumored back then the law changed or one got passed that forbid that under entrapment rules.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Did the firearms transport specifically get shot down on its own, or was this part of the ruling back in the day when LEO’s got “in trouble” (?) for sitting across the street from bars and pulling people over and target-DWI testing them?

Sometime back in the late 80’s or early 90’s in my hardcore barhopping days, we all knew not to park near the bar so the cops sitting in the parking lot across the street wouldn't follow you home and pull you over a half mile into your drive. Then one day, they weren’t parked out front any more. I believe it was rumored back then the law changed or one got passed that forbid that under entrapment rules.
    I am pretty sure the courts "defined" the transport laws and said you cant expect someone to not have to get gas, or go to the bathroom. So case law putting a leash on the state police ( or the governor at the time )

I also remember the drinking thing, although I was too young. There was a bar in the shopping center near the pizza hut I worked at. The only thing open besides us after 7 or 8 pm was the bar. The cops used to sit in our lot and strangely enough there was a stop coming from the bar that every one drove thru. Eventually the bar sued the police and the cops could not hang out in the parking lot, only do drive thrus and calls there. ( i dont know that they where the one that sued just what I heard )

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I do believe they did NOT charge the poor sob who left On Target, stopped at a strip shopping center on his way home and came back to his suv to find thieves had stolen the guns he’d just been shooting at On Target. (That turned out to be criminals surveilling and tailing customers away from On Target.)
    I remember that one.

Guaranteed she could as well, but she’s “just too busy getting ready for the opening” (her words).

After years of marriage I stopped trying to argue and just said “sounds good babe” and moved on
    Words to live by...

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    If I had my own company or worked at an office that I could carry, and had a safe place for keeping a firearm. I believe I would keep one there all the time. Having a back up plan is never a bad idea. Probably would keep a handgun and a shotgun if I had the space. A V-Line flush mounted gun cabinet hidden behind something.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If I had my own company or worked at an office that I could carry, and had a safe place for keeping a firearm. I believe I would keep one there all the time. Having a back up plan is never a bad idea. Probably would keep a handgun and a shotgun if I had the space. A V-Line flush mounted gun cabinet hidden behind something.
    For the last 6-7 years before retiring, I worked in the shop as a fabricator. I kept a gun nearby, always. We would have weirdos come into our shop and showroom every once in a while, especially during the winter months. Often times, I was the only employee there. I was not going to become a victim of random crime, if I could help it.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Now why did you feel you needed to add that crazy bit of erroneous BGOS-ery? You even put the most erroneous part in scare quotes, and THEN you immediately admit, correctly, that what you just said is nowhere in any "statute or regulation."

Big Brother is not going to know what is in her safe, nor in her car. But keeping the gun in the safe at work is legal, and driving a roundabout route with a stop or two for errands is also legal.
    Because none of us want her losing her rights because some random cop makes a bad arrest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom