• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Hey All,

Anyone know a reputable leather crafter in MoCo? Willing to go to Howard or Fredneck if I must, but if there's a chance to get something done more local, that'd be preferable... Lookin to get some holsters and sheaths made.

Thanks in advance! --JB

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I don't know of one locally but I have used one in north Carolina, he made a belt and holster for my fathers revolver. I'm out of town but would be happy to get you his contact when I get back to my desk on tuesday.

Last edited:

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I don't know of one locally but I have used one in north Carolina, he made a belt and holster for my fathers revolver. I'm out of town but would be happy to get you his contact when I get back to my desk on tuesday.

I actually would appreciate that... I go to Raleigh about once a quarter to see my In-Laws, so if its on the way (or not if the price is right). Thinkin about it, is it Rick Lowe by chance? Heard about some stuff he did for Mosins through Brass Stacker, based I think in NC.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Travel to Amish country. They still work with leathers on a daily basis. They do really nice work.

Great idea! There's actually a Dutch Amish Market in North MoCo in Germantown. Good eats there to boot, but I know they do some craft work from time to time. Good lookin out!

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I actually would appreciate that... I go to Raleigh about once a quarter to see my In-Laws, so if its on the way (or not if the price is right). Thinkin about it, is it Rick Lowe by chance? Heard about some stuff he did for Mosins through Brass Stacker, based I think in NC.

No problem, his name is Jim Harrison, I think the company name is harrison leatherworks but not 100% on that. Will post it once get back home no worries.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Actually scratch that - no leather worker at the Germantown Lancaster Amish Market. :( Maybe I'll try lookin in Lancaster then next time I take the kids to Dutch Wonderland...

Anyway, still searchin for somewhere relatively local to MoCo if anyone knows of a leather shop that'll do holsters or knife sheaths. Zippy luck trying cobblers too...

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    When you hit Amish country, look for the harness shop. Those are the leather workers. Lenny's Leather in Cumberland does holsters as well.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick

I have several Rick Lowe sheaths and just mailed h 3 more knives. He is a champ of a guy, very prompt and reasonably priced

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Cool - what's his turnaround time?

I think the longest turn around time was about a week I generally call him to see what his schedule looks like as I don't want to send him a knife and have it be. Behind a large ammo box order. Many time, don't have to send him m knife as he already has a pattern.

I like chatting with him though as he wants to know what I want in the sheath (color, style, tooling, embellishments, etc)

I now carry most of my knives in a cross draw sheath - never would hAve thought of this, but after speaking with Rick, it was his suggestion and I like it.

I'm traveling and will post pictures of his work upon my return home.

---
    Shamr0ck

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Sorry I took so long JB here is his website

http://harrisonleather.com/

His work is really incredible and if there is something you want him to do just give hime a call. Hie turnaround time is probably 3 or 4 weeks but he's a great guy to work with and very talented. I had a few requests for my order he obliged every step of the way and had great input if you a little stuck with any details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom