• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Daughter had a weeks worth of food stolen from her apartment pacage room. One of those special diet deals. The company reimbursed her but she's still out a weeks worth of food.

Holy chit! It's come to that already ? What's going to be happening 2 weeks from now?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I'm learning more and more about the power of the mob psychology that occurs in situations like this.

I mean, the power is on, the trucks are running, we have Netflix, Amazon Prime and ice cream.....and people are getting "the look".

The Look. That struck me early last week as I was walking across the Walmart parking lot. Others who were walking to the door are eyeballing each other and walking quickly like they're thinking you might get the last one of what they came in for before they can get to it. It's almost feral, like 2 dogs fighting over a bone. And the supply chain really hasn't collapsed yet......

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The Look. That struck me early last week as I was walking across the Walmart parking lot. Others who were walking to the door are eyeballing each other and walking quickly like they're thinking you might get the last one of what they came in for before they can get to it. It's almost feral, like 2 dogs fighting over a bone. And the supply chain really hasn't collapsed yet......

Yup - of course, people are looking at me as the threat as I lumber past them, so score one for the big guys of the world.:lol2:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    People are already going stir crazy AKA cabin fever. The local state park is experiencing record setting numbers of people. Lots of kids with parents, teens/young adults (not social distancing), dog walkers. etc. What will they do if this goes on for months?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

*****I've already seen people take food stuffs and other items out of other people's carts while they are getting other items and have their back turned. This is in a nice part of MoCo and the people doing it look like the usual highly educated and wonderful folks that would gladly have a SWAT team bust down your door to confiscate your guns. The same folks who are now waiting in line at the gun stores to buy a gun for their own families "Safety" ... :sad20:

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I've started to keep my cart close to me when grocery shopping. Usually I'd leave it at the end of the aisle while I run down and grab what I need.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yup - of course, people are looking at me as the threat as I lumber past them, so score one for the big guys of the world.:lol2:

My wife has always told me that between my 6'-2" frame and my notable Resting Bitch Face glower, that I might be scaring people a bit, pretty much all the time. Now she says, "I love that about you." Lumbering is an asset some days.

Another thing my wife has learned: it's worth going through the kabuki theater and annoyance and expense of getting a carry permit, even in stinking Maryland. We've got the MSPLD-friendly mechanism to do it, so when the dust settles, she's going to pursue it.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    What will they do if this goes on for months?

My opinion is that, eventually, people are just gonna say F it and go out.

“If I get it, I get it. If I don’t, I don’t.”

Just like the consternation surrounding door to door confiscation.....the math just isn’t on .gov’s side. There’s no way that they contain hundreds of millions of citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My wife has always told me that between my 6'-2" frame and my notable Resting Bitch Face glower, that I might be scaring people a bit, pretty much all the time. Now she says, "I love that about you." Lumbering is an asset some days.

I apparently look friendly, because too many people talk to me....

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I've been "prepping" and doing what the OP notes since Superstorm Sandy. A natural disaster like this is one of the things we prep for. Always stay ahead of the curve.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I always have bags of beans and rice on hand. And tons of canned products. I would joke to a friend I have 6 months of
    edible food in the house. She laughed. AND now this happened.
    I have 20 pounds of potatoes, 10 pounds of rice, 20 pounds of dried beans.
    4 pounds of bacon and all is right in the world!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'll bet those who have a suitable supply of things are feeling a lot less stress than those who don't right about now.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I always have bags of beans and rice on hand. And tons of canned products. I would joke to a friend I have 6 months of

Hot sauce. Do you have hot sauce?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

We’re about the same. Since my wife’s a vegetarian there’s a good amount of beans, lentils, rice. I’ve got my stash of beef ravioli, beef stew, Bush’s beans. Case of turkey pot pies, sausage. Should probably get more hot dogs. Have plenty of long life milk and almond milk. Got a couple of boxes of Boars Head thick cut bacon. Probably could use some more flour for bread and rolls. Amish store in town has plenty of it on hand.

Only got around 90 rolls of TP and 20 of paper towels and the same in Kleenex. On well and septic. Neighbor has about half a dozen chickens so plenty of eggs. Nice being in the country!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom