• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Abso-friggin-loutely they will. Their business is to make money and they will take anyone's money. I called Waldorf Metals in Waldorf, Maryland and the gentleman told me to come get all I wanted for 75 cents a pound. It's all scrap of course, so, what forms it comes in anyone's guess, but, I would assume there is a lot of pipe and roof lead. Roof lead makes some of the finest bullets I have ever made in my casting career. I have yet made the trek to purchase any, but, I know I can if I need to. Can there be WW lead in that offer ? Yes. He stated they did have some WW, and I quickly told him I don't want it.

No not all scrap yards will sell to the public, In most cases their company are set up as wholesalers do not have the license to resell and collect taxes on what was sold. A lot of scrap yards will trade scrap for scrap as long as the trade is equal or they owe you money for the trade. When I used to scrap Super Salvage ( they will trade )in the District and down in St Marys along with Smiths inside the beltway will not resell to the public.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    No not all scrap yards will sell to the public, In most cases their company are set up as wholesalers do not have the license to resell and collect taxes on what was sold. A lot of scrap yards will trade scrap for scrap as long as the trade is equal or they owe you money for the trade. When I used to scrap Super Salvage ( they will trade )in the District and down in St Marys along with Smiths inside the beltway will not resell to the public.

Ummm... Thanks ??? I'm talking about Waldorf Metals...

Where were we.... once again.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    ahhh not exactly, maybe you need to go read all the threads again. And I have a question for you. Are you always a dick or just on the internet.

I'm always a dick ( to guys who deserve to be treated that way ). Quite possibly one of the nicest dicks you'd ever have the chance to meet in your life, but, you don't know me outside of the internet, so, maybe we should spend a day together. You'd not be so quick to assume who you "think" I am.

Now again... where were we.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    I'm always a dick ( to guys who deserve to be treated that way ). Quite possibly one of the nicest dicks you'd ever have the chance to meet in your life, but, you don't know me outside of the internet, so, maybe we should spend a day together. You'd not be so quick to assume who you "think" I am.

Now again... where were we.

Well I think you are a Nice Dick...:D :lol2:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Well I think you are a Nice Dick...:D :lol2:

Why thank you sir. I appreciate that. I wish more folks felt the same way or just went on about their business in a non-caring fashion and stopped worrying about what I'm doing all day... it's almost creepy here these days. I don't know if I'm stealing thunder or stepping on toes, but, I sure get a some goofballs following me on this site anymore.. My apologies...

:sign06:
    again...

Does anyone remember this OP ?
    It was started by a Dick too by the way...

Can we PLEASE get back to "LEAD" ?

Attachments

• dick chaney.jpg
      dick chaney.jpg
      29.4 KB · Views: 75

hkbob

Oct 2, 2013
    I don't know much about Glocks but I've put many thousands of rounds through my HK polygonal barrels with no evidence of leading. I do try to match the bullet to the load and clean after each use.

Same here. If you clean your firearm after use, shouldn't be a problem. If you run a few thousand rounds thought it and never clean the barrel...well it's on you. With that said...I've tried plain lead, polymer-coated lead, and wound up going back to jacketed SWC. The lead and polymer bullets (especially the latter) did tend to make a mess in my HK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom