• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland

I haven't seen it but it seems the sponsor forgot that the Sheriff is elected by a majority in their respective states, so I would assume this would have a tough uphill battle to be passed. Not impossible but just another divisive thorn in the side of the Americans who believe in and support the 2nd amendment. It also appears that all of these anti-2A initiators are Demcrat and I know that a very large number of Democrats own firearms of all types. Do they not realize that their Government positions are in jeopardy at the next election cycle?

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Wouldn't this backfire in states like Washington, Colorado, California and Maryland? All of them are decriminalizing Marijuana but its still illegal on a federal level. There is also the immigration laws... I'm not sure what other federal laws are ignored completely by states.

How are they going to fire anyone who has been elected by the people. Appointees maybe but not those who are elected.

I haven't seen it but it seems the sponsor forgot that the Sheriff is elected by a majority in their respective states, so I would assume this would have a tough uphill battle to be passed. Not impossible but just another divisive thorn in the side of the Americans who believe in and support the 2nd amendment. It also appears that all of these anti-2A initiators are Demcrat and I know that a very large number of Democrats own firearms of all types. Do they not realize that their Government positions are in jeopardy at the next election cycle?

This/these^.I'm not schooled on impeachment process',but if the elected can be fired,we all know where to start.

HICAPMAG

Mar 2, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I meant that they thought that they could be fired at any other time than election time. What morans.:sad20:

"Moran" may be too nice for this one. Check out the profile of the legislator who proposed this law. She had multiple tax liens on her home and sought to expedite an approval for a track business in which she had an interest. Laws are for the little people.

http://www.texastribune.org/bidness/explore/yvonne-davis/

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    It really looks like these guys are willing to try to strip power from anything or anyone who stands in their way of taking guns from people.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    " remove any sheriff or law enforcement officer who refuses to enforce state or federal laws"
    Sounds great... Lets start at the top. I see some job openings in certain key cabinet positions.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom