• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The Xd.

I'm assuming they did not want the grip safety.

Apparently they have offered previously to produce the gun without them however not this time.

I'd guess they'd buy probably 2500-2600 firearms. I'm guessing when the police switch so will the detention center as will the Sheriff department.

Interesting. That must mean A) the gun is safe enough without the grip safety and B) others have asked for the grip safety to be omitted.

As long as the chosen gun works and the transition is smooth.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Interesting. That must mean A) the gun is safe enough without the grip safety and B) others have asked for the grip safety to be omitted.

As long as the chosen gun works and the transition is smooth.

The gun is safe enough if the person using it is safe enough.

I don't see the lack of a grip safety as a deal breaker for LE.

What do you think?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The gun is safe enough if the person using it is safe enough.

I don't see the lack of a grip safety as a deal breaker for LE.

What do you think?

I haven't played with my XD in a long time, I forget what safeties it has besides the trigger and grip safety. I think the issue is more of a lawyer issue than a gun issue.

Yes, if you follow the rules, you will not have a gun fire except if parts break and that isn't even guaranteed.

I do understand the reason why a PD wouldn't want the grip safety on the XD family.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Howard County PD just dumped Sig and switched to Glock 22's and their SWAT got rid of all thier sig rifles for LRCW's.......They stated that Sig quality control has fallen off and they have had several issues with their guns.

They may have dumped Sig rifles but not standard issue pistols. They still carry the Sig. They have indeed had problems with the Sig and are close to switching to the Glock but haven't done so yet.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Just speaking with a MSP friend of mine that I have not seen in a while. He was carrying a new G22. He said the MSP had switched due to many issues with the Baretta. Baretta had major issues with mag ejection. They recalled all the MSP Baretta's to fix and when they got them back they had recoil spring issues. Baretta then brought in gunsmiths from Italy to address the problem. He said they were stumped and that they actually had gone to Home Depot to purchase some files to try and file the springs...no luck.
    He says they love the Glocks!

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Just speaking with a MSP friend of mine that I have not seen in a while. He was carrying a new G22. He said the MSP had switched due to many issues with the Baretta. Baretta had major issues with mag ejection. They recalled all the MSP Baretta's to fix and when they got them back they had recoil spring issues. Baretta then brought in gunsmiths from Italy to address the problem. He said they were stumped and that they actually had gone to Home Depot to purchase some files to try and file the springs...no luck.
    He says they love the Glocks!

Intestesting, having working with MSP regularly, I have yet to see a Trooper with a Glock.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy 3 or iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Intestesting, having working with MSP regularly, I have yet to see a Trooper with a Glock.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy 3 or iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I think they have fully switched or just about fully switched at this point...most I've seen have Glocks now.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Secret service carries 357 huh? Maybe I should take another look at them. I've never fired one.

Don't judge it on our account. The story goes that a former director liked it because he used a .357sig to hunt with once and was impressed with the round.

Police sidearms an ammunition testing and purchase isn't always a case of survival of the fittest. Sometimes politics, money, and personal preference of the individual in charge of the testing plays into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom