• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-9COPPER

Aug 12, 2012
    Catonsville, MD
    I wanted to share my latest C&R purchases with you guys. My first purchase was an FN49 Argentine contract. I have yet to shoot it but looks in good shape for its age. My second purchase was a Sistema Colt manufactured in 1946 with a nice blue finish and stock black grips. This has been a blast at the range!
    image.jpg

K-9COPPER

Aug 12, 2012
    Catonsville, MD
    I took a chance on this one but I feel like as long as you have a solid barrel and action, some of the smaller parts such as firing pins, springs etc can be found online (Apex and northridge) for replacement.

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    DOOOD you done good! I saw an Egyptian contract in 8mm a few years ago at Arundel Pawn, but didn't think it was in good enough condition for what they wanted and was not interested enough to haggle. But damn that is nice!

Also a very nice Sistema. Well done mate!

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Love those FN49s, nice find on the Argentine contract! Hope you haven't been sitting on that one too long without shooting it!

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Did you get the matching bayonet? (not in pic. If so, Im jealous)

The Agentine contract FN49's were originally caliber 7.65 Argentine. The 7.62 NATO Argentine FN49's were converted from the original caliber.

Yes they were converted in Argentina (not by FN.) But its to a *MUCH* higher standard than, say, the CAI butcher/conversion of the MAS 49/56s. Its not just the barrel/extractor but the whole mag system too. Mine runs like a raped ape:thumbsup: Gets attention at the range.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I like the twenty round magazine. I've had one of the Egyptian ones for years. They are VERY nice rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom