Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    larry-vickers-appendix.jpg

http://weaponsman.com/?p=23547

7-June-2015-Burro-Canyon-Gunshot-Wound-Incident-1024x769.jpg

runswscissors

Jul 11, 2008
    Harford County
    I'm too fat to Appendix carry, but a bunch of my buddies love it.

I can't crap on Vickers for banning it though. All it'll take is the stupidity of ONE STUDENT and his career is over.

He's not like some other trainer that can shoot one of his assistants and continue to train people.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No sense in taking his courses. People will appendix carry. He should be teaching them how to re-holster safely, not banning a legitimate way to carry.

Did you even read his notice?
    He banned it in his class.
    He also updated that original facebook post.

LAV-Appendix.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    At least that one student won't have to worry about shaving their junk for a while, between the E.R. staff and the muzzle blast...

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I can respect that, like he said you can't be on top of an entire class but when an accident occurs the liability will fall squarely in his shoulders. I see this restriction catching on in the industry....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'll be clearer: I won't take any of his courses.

Why? Because in the name of safety he doesn't want weekend commandos shooting themselves or other's during a class, so his instruction has now become irrelevant?

I have MANY co workers who carry this way but they train A LOT and are drilled and skilled in drawing, shooting and re-hosltering this way for their career.
    Most gun class students, not so much.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    His class...His rules..Personally i think appendix carry is silly for that exact reason. Anyone limiting themselves by not taking one of his classes for only this reason are just as silly in my eyes. ANY time you have a chance to train with a decorated veteran and Delta operator...you shut up and listen, because 999 people out of a thousand don't hold a candle to his knowledge base and teaching capabilities...because if you did...you'd probably have his job...

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    This crap has been all over the net for the last week. Couple of things to consider:

1. AFAIK, LAV doesn't do a dedicated conceal carry class a la Mike Pannone, Jeff Gonzales, etc. You take his classes to get better at shooting, not drawing and re-holstering.

2. Mike Pannone just instituted a similar policy. NO AIWB for his handgun classes, only his Covert Carry class, and he will vet you and your gear at the start of class.
    3. Similar policy for Jeff Gonzales.
    4. His class, his rules. Don't like it, take your training $ elsewhere. He'll still fill his classes without issue. Class coming up in York in October was already filled in January.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    That's it.. I'm holding a class using Mexican carry! :sarcasm:

I agree.. His class.. His rules...

Hell I've even seen gun dropped while walking to the range.. That person was asked to pack his gear and can stay and watch if he chooses to.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I am in agreement with LV. Why take the chance of making the news because some fanboy's boner presses the trigger on his lightened trigger of his competition gun. There is also the liability and insurance aspect. If it were my business, I'd be just as cautious.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    No jokes about negligent discharges with that anatomical diagram?

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    "Accident waiting to happen when you add in a pistol like a glock or M&P "
    What exactly are you trying to say? What makes them more dangerous for appendix carry than other brands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom