• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If you follow Hogan on twitter, you can really see he's busy checking the temperature. Not transparent at all.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I still say he is positioning himself to balance a Dem ticket .

How would that set with him being a seated Republican governor at the time of the 2020 election. Wouldn't he have to officially transfer his affiliation? If so, I doubt the Demwits would support his running and as a Republican, he's way too Left to be viable.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    His Drive For 5 Program would be a great weapon for Trump to use. Imagine Hogan trying to explain how the Republican lost so many seats with his self described Drive For Five campaign promise. Where was Hogan's team when it came time to play partisan politics? Oh wait, he gave up on the Republican ticket and ran for Hogan.

This explains how one can be a winner but still be a loser.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    His Drive For 5 Program would be a great weapon for Trump to use. Imagine Hogan trying to explain how the Republican lost so many seats with his self described Drive For Five campaign promise. Where was Hogan's team when it came time to play partisan politics? Oh wait, he gave up on the Republican ticket and ran for Hogan.

This explains how one can be a winner but still be a loser.

they had a net gain of 1 senator.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hogan needs to lay off the "medical" pot. Trump will be vulnerable to a primary challenge if he fails to show a wall being built...but that opening is to his right, not his left.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hogan's chances are about equal to O'Malley's. He deserves the kind of humiliation that Marty received. What party will he choose to run with, I wonder?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Hogan's chances are about equal to O'Malley's. He deserves the kind of humiliation that Marty received. What party will he choose to run with, I wonder?

The one concern that I have is the MSM making Hogan sound like a good alternative to President Trump with the intent of trying to unseat him so that a Dem could win the office.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We recently had several politicians in the news switch Parties shortly after being elected . And it's gone both ways in the past . Think Ben Nighthorse Campbell .

Do I think Hogan is in a strong position/ making wise moves ? ( In regards to larger pond than Maryland ) Not really . But sucuessfully being a very popular nominally GOP Governor in a deep Blue state involves inhrently painting yourself into a dead end corner .

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Schultz - Hogan 2020!
    :thumbsup:

th
    th

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads