• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Apparently, some members are rubbing it on their nipples.

I use it for lubing brass before sizing.

I can't tell you how long I have been looking for the recipe for the mythical brass lube/nipple rub. Solves the two greatest problems I have of chaffing nipples and brass being stuck in my dies. If I could get the mix amounts it would cut my bandaid budget by 78.49% for both issues.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I can't tell you how long I have been looking for the recipe for the mythical brass lube/nipple rub. Solves the two greatest problems I have of chaffing nipples and brass being stuck in my dies. If I could get the mix amounts it would cut my bandaid budget by 78.49% for both issues.

From what I've read, the majority use a 1:5 or 6 ratio (Lanolin:Alcohol). Some even go to 1:10 or 12. I'll probably start somewhere in the middle, but I'd like to hear what others are using.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I saw a reference to Denatured alcohol in that thread that 10xclean linked to.

Has anyone else heard of using that???
    I've got at least a gallon of Denatured Alcohol, from when I cleaned my K98k stock.

:shrug: Wonder if it would work??? :shrug:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I saw a reference to Denatured alcohol in that thread that 10xclean linked to.

Has anyone else heard of using that???
    I've got at least a gallon of Denatured Alcohol, from when I cleaned my K98k stock.

:shrug: Wonder if it would work??? :shrug:

My guess is that if it's 90% or better it would probably work. If not you're just out the cost of the lanolin. And if it doesn't you could always rub it on your nipples.

byf43

^^^:lol2:

:innocent0

From what I've been reading, Isopropyl is less expensive to make and is less poisonous than Denatured alcohol.

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010...bbing-alcohol-methanol-and-isopropyl-alcohol/

Since the Denatured Alcohol that I have, is stored in a metal can, now the question is. . . . .'will the denatured alcohol affect a plastic spray bottle'???

(Don't want to go into my workshop and find a 'sticky mess' (from the lanolin) all over my workbench.)

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    ^^^:lol2:

:innocent0

From what I've been reading, Isopropyl is less expensive to make and is less poisonous than Denatured alcohol.

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010...bbing-alcohol-methanol-and-isopropyl-alcohol/

Since the Denatured Alcohol that I have, is stored in a metal can, now the question is. . . . .'will the denatured alcohol affect a plastic spray bottle'???

(Don't want to go into my workshop and find a 'sticky mess' (from the lanolin) all over my workbench.)

"Denatured" refers to adding a small amount of a toxic substance, (gasoline works) to ethyl alcohol to make it unpotable and therefore not taxable. So what you probably have is ethyl alcohol. Most plastic containers won't be melted by it.

You could add a small amount to a spray bottle and let it sit for a day or two to be sure.

byf43

"Denatured" refers to adding a small amount of a toxic substance, (gasoline works) to ethyl alcohol to make it unpotable and therefore not taxable. So what you probably have is ethyl alcohol. Most plastic containers won't be melted by it.

You could add a small amount to a spray bottle and let it sit for a day or two to be sure.

I will stop by CVS on the way home, and ask if they have any nipple balm.
    (The big old collard green eatin' woman in there might pass out.):D

byf43

Stopped at CVS in Waldorf (St. Chas. Pky. @ Rte. 5), to get an Rx and asked about the lanolin.

None in stock.
    The lady that walked me all over the store looking for it, said that they do not carry the 'liquid' lanolin.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Stopped at CVS in Waldorf (St. Chas. Pky. @ Rte. 5), to get an Rx and asked about the lanolin.

None in stock.
    The lady that walked me all over the store looking for it, said that they do not carry the 'liquid' lanolin.

Since a number of members seem to be finding it at hippie gathering places, I would check out natural food type venues (not really the first thing that Waldorf brings to mind).

Alternatively, you could stop random women and ask them where they get that stuff they rub on their nipples...

byf43

Since a number of members seem to be finding it at hippie gathering places, I would check out natural food type venues (not really the first thing that Waldorf brings to mind).

There's a vitamin shop not too far from my daily commute route.
    Might stop there on the way home, Monday.

My wife goes into some of those 'hippie' places, from time-to-time, in Anne Arundel County.
    I'll ask her to pick some up, for me.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    My wife goes into some of those 'hippie' places, from time-to-time, in Anne Arundel County.
    I'll ask her to pick some up, for me.

There you go, David's and Whole Foods are both in AA.

Now for the conversation with the wife, I imagine it will go something like this: "Oh dear, are your nipples tender?".

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom