Lane layouts redesigned on Crain Hwy in Upper Marlboro.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    My Wife and I both were wondering why all that time and money was spent to result in what came in there at Crain Highway and Leeland. Folks headed south will not be aware of the right lane having to merge now and it will most certainly result in accidents. Almost as bad as the six months or longer Leeland was closed and when they opened it back up there are still some monster potholes near the beginning of Leeland. We saw a sign on Leeland indicating some new business park is going in there and thought, "Wow, this is a train wreck in the making".

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Seriously??? Not much experience there 'eh?

Counting myself as one of those "certified" Civil Engineeers... only I got my degree from a little po dunk engineering school in WTF Upstate NY... back then it was a college, now they call themselves a university...

A&M college? One of the CCs that were absorbed into the SUNY borg and made 4 year schools?

I suppose now you're going to stick up for the psychotic that designed that goat rope on MD 3?

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Again.. not much experience in these matters 'eh?

Don't know how many times I have seen it.... engineer does the study, works up the design, then the municipal govt finds the funding; by then the design is obsolete and yet they continue with construction of it.

Has nothing to do with where the engineer got his degree or experience... except to those with small minds.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Had my first encounter with it the other night in the rain. Found my self in right turn only lane before I knew it. I think at least they could have put a warning sign saying new traffic patterns or something up.

I also hate how Rt 214 dumps into the left lanes. Sure send slower merging traffic into faster continuing lane.

Feb 28, 2013
    Had my first encounter with it the other night in the rain. Found my self in right turn only lane before I knew it. I think at least they could have put a warning sign saying new traffic patterns or something up.

I also hate how Rt 214 dumps into the left lanes. Sure send slower merging traffic into faster continuing lane.

Worst thing about the ramp from E/B Central to N/B Crain is the merge lane. It's NARROW. I ain't real crazy about that situation either, so I always try to be in the right lane through there.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Worst thing about the ramp from E/B Central to N/B Crain is the merge lane. It's NARROW. I ain't real crazy about that situation either, so I always try to be in the right lane through there.

Yeah, the run uphill into the fast lane helps you pucker a lot too. I avoid that by heading S/B on Crain until I get to the WaWa and THEN cut across to the N/B. At least there you have a fighting chance.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That sounds like just as much fun as this gem

DDI-diagram-from-SHA-PDF.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
    Believe it or not, from what I've seen the traffic flows better through there after they did that. Took a little getting used to, but it seems to work.

That looks like a convoluted mess, but I can believe that.

That ******** on Crain Hwy though seems antithetical to traffic flow to me.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Believe it or not, from what I've seen the traffic flows better through there after they did that. Took a little getting used to, but it seems to work.

There is one similar to this somewhere in Virginia that looks like a cluster but works very well. The whole thing works because there is never really a need for anyone to merge, and as drivers are idiots who can't merge, it speeds things along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom