• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Saw that. Price is high in my opinion but they look to be in nice shape. There are a few parts kits floating around that aren't Allied Armament but they are over priced considering they have no barrel.

Apparently ATF changed the importation rules a few years back which is why you see fewer and fewer kits with the barrels.

yes but we had a rom connection for barrels but century:mad54::mad54: arms f'd that all up

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Care to explain? I am unfamiliar with the story

century has a exclusivity contract with cugir the Romain factory that makes AK's well they found out that Cugir was selling ak's to others (Colorado guns) and barrels to APex and flipped a shi&&#9 sued CG out of existence and made sure cugir would never sell barrels to another importer ever again

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Saw that. Price is high in my opinion but they look to be in nice shape. There are a few parts kits floating around that aren't Allied Armament but they are over priced considering they have no barrel.

Apparently ATF changed the importation rules a few years back which is why you see fewer and fewer kits with the barrels.

the barrel ban only applies to military barrels.

romanian barrels come into the country routinely. they pull them out of the military barrel manufacture line before sights and gas block are pressed on, and before gas port is drilled, and call them "commercial" barrels instead. gets 'em around the ban.

would be nice if other countries would follow suit, but i wouldn't hold your breath. at least there's still a source of CHF chrome-lined barrels.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Well that's good news. I feel like I should try to pick up a couple and squirrel them away. Not having the gas port drilled is a bit inconvenient but I'm sure you can drill that yourself so long as it is done with care

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom