• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Louisiana - Not Effective until July 4, 2024 the Governor has signed SB 1 making Louisiana the 28th State to have Permitless Carry. Louisiana did have limited Permitless Carry for Active/Retired Military who were residents of Louisiana only. This bill also lowers the age to 18 to carry under permitless carry. Louisiana didn’t change the age for applying for a Louisiana Permit keeping it at 21. Handgunlaw.us believes they did this so that they would not lose reciprocity with some other states. They may in the future offer a provisional permit to those 18 to 20 like other states have done but we have heard nothing along those lines.
    https://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/ViewDocument.aspx?d=1348797

New Mexico – Effective on or about June 3, 2024 the Governor has signed SB 5 which bans the carrying of firearms within 100 foot of a polling/voting place or drop box. Carry Concealed is exempt which requires a permit in New Mexico so it looks like only open carry with or without a permit is what is banned.
    https://nmlegis.gov/Sessions/24 Regular/final/SB0005.pdf

South Dakota – Effective on or about June 10, 2024 The Governor has signed HB 1035 and SB 39. 1035 expands the time period when an enhanced permit can be renewed. SB 39 forbids HOAs from banning firearms and ammunition. Loading... | South Dakota Legislature
    Loading... | South Dakota Legislature

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just took a look at Handgunlaw.US and found that my FL permit allows me to carry concealed in NM. None of the others (UT, PA, MD, NH) had reciprocity.

So I'm glad I got it before FL went Con Carry, otherwise I would have skipped it. However, it's reasonably unlikely that I'll be visiting NM, so a Pyrrhic victory. But every little bite of freedom sustains me.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    NM- The skeezbag governor also signed SB129 that requires a one week waiting period for firearms purchases. There is no separate state background check like MD, federal only. They also claim that if the background check cannot be completed in 30 days, then the purchase can be released. So nothing is cash and carry anymore. Although I believe a carry permit makes one exempt. Been living here 10 years and it’s turning into Maryland. However, this would only be a concern for those considering a move here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom