• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    There are many other websites with illustrations showing how to tie even more knots so, with a total,of just 19 knots covered, this is not necessarily “the definitive one” but, it’s a new one to me and actually done quite well. (One of my most painful merit badges so, helpfully this link will help some other young sailor, rock climber or spelunker, haha!)

Learn New Knots with Sunline's Updated Knot Guide​
    The new Sunline Fishing Knot Guide ensures that you not only use the best connection possible, the easy-to-follow animations ensure you tie it properly as well.​

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Neat topic.

My favorite knots:

Bowline
    Butterfly
    figure 8 follow through
    monkeys fist
    Sheet bend
    tautline hitch
    water knot

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have an app that I think is great. It is called Knots 3D. Easy to search by type of activity, category and mark your favorites and the 3D animated video has been simple to follow.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    When you tie a bow line you just turn the running end over in your hand. Use thumb and forefinger.
    Someone that really knows how to tie one and has good dexterity can just throw it into a knot.
    In one fell swoop.
    An American Indian guy who worked on a helicopter crew was the first time I saw it used in practice. I could never do it.
    Theirs a lot of rigging knot tying in line construction. Thats why when you go by a line truck you see all the collar ropes hanging off the back of a working one.
    If you had three arms or hands you could be the best lineman in the world because of the rigging. Regulatory guidelines are dumbing it down though so a lot of the craft is being lost.
    A Molley Hogan is another good one for running and securing a hand line to a fixed object or structure.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    The 'tugboat bowline' is a variation of the traditional bowline that is often 'thrown' into a knot. It's a super fast loop knot to tie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom