• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    A man in Florida was approached and asked if he had a Glock. He said no and the teen started punching him. He fought back with a pocket knife.

The assailants actually thought ahead of time to ask about a gun. They were worried about immediate consequences like death.
    Stand your ground and the Martin-Zimmerman case probably had an effect on these 'misguided' youths.

http://members.jacksonville.com/com...uvenile-group-suspected-playing-knockout-game

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kout-game-asked-victim-gun-punching-face.html

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I never answer these people... but then again when I'm carrying I'm concealed pretty good so no one asks. Not even the cops.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    4 youth approach, I'm on edge.

Ask if I'm armed, I'm planning counters and best strategies for survival. Mine, not theirs.

There is a strategy of overwhelmingly violent action used when attacked by superior numbers. It's one that has been proven effective in the past. Just say'n.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This is actually a brilliant guerilla-marketing campaign by glock. Glock has seen its sales drop so they started the glockout campaign. They walk up and ask if you have a glock, if you say yes...they give you a glock-hat autographed by gunny. If you say no, they punch you in the face and run away. People that have a glock get rewarded with gunny swag, and those that don't suddenly feel the need to carry a firearm. Those that carry other firearms clearly will miss the guerilla-glock workers because they are obviously not perfection.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    But would they have not sucker punched him if he had said, "yes?"

Or would they still have punched him and tried to take his firearm?

Constant vigilance.
    I believe this is where the IDPA stage of starting at arms length, taking steps backward, drawing and firing comes into play.

So now for threat command we have "Standby....BEEP!" , "Threat!" , "Bust em!" and "Yo homes, you got a Glock?" Two rounds each target, A zone hits only please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom