• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Here' some of my stone, bone, wood, plastic, micarta, and glass weapons.
    All of these are capable of going through metal detectors undetected.
    Some I made myself but most of it I've purchased over the years through the internet and at various shows.

Attachments

• nometal.jpg
      nometal.jpg
      142.6 KB · Views: 705

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    very interesting collection you have there. do the plastic ones have an actual cutting edge or are they just pointed

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    very interesting collection you have there. do the plastic ones have an actual cutting edge or are they just pointed

Most of the plastic knives have an edge and several of them are quite sharp and can cut surprisingly easily. My uncle accidently cut his finger on the tanto knife in the middle of the picture. One thing about plastic, bone, and wood knives is they can be sharpened pretty easily with a fingernail file.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I thought that was a cricket bat at the bottom. Until I noticed the obsidian:thumbsup:

It's a copy of an ancient Aztec/Mayan sword called a "maquahuitl". Similar weapons were also used around various parts of North America. The show "Deadliest Warrior" did some tests of a similar weapon and they were able to decapitate a horse with it. It did take several swings and the obsidian chipped causing small obsidian shards all throughout the wound. It's a very mean weapon. Obsidian blades can be sharper than a surgeon's scalpel and can easily be used for shaving and for surgery.

cb51

I've got a couple of the Chote executive letter openers and one of the Russell CIA letter opener. I like them for hot weather use when I am in nylon shorts and loose T-shirts. Light enough to ride in a waistband without falling out or being a PITA. Being plastic material, it's impervious to sweat.

Good things to have around.:thumbsup:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Only the military and police should have obsidian-edged cricket bats.

mercop

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 7, 2008
    SW PA
    All kewl stuff. I have a bunch of it myself. One issue is that because many of them are daggers to achieve penetration because they suck at cutting means they are illegal just about everywhere.- George

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    All kewl stuff. I have a bunch of it myself. One issue is that because many of them are daggers to achieve penetration because they suck at cutting means they are illegal just about everywhere.- George

Interesting, I never considered that. Could the sharpened sticks, rocks and bones also be illegal to carry?

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Neat collection, what are the comb-like items on the left side?

I am a big fan of the Cold Steel Delta Dart (in the middle of the photo). Light and strong, with a really sharp point. It'll plunge deep through denim or leather with minimal effort and leaves a wicked triangle-shaped hole. Very formidable shank for about $6.

Also a fan of the Comtech Stinger (top right). Punching through wood or even cinderblock is possible with one of those little $10 wonders. Regarding combat/self-defense, I would be very, very hesitant to hit somebody in the head with one, as it could absolutely be lethal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom