Knife collectors.....Betcha don't have this (WASP)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    b0188d90c1696b7a174cf916ef5b22f3_zps26e45306.jpg

http://www.waspknife.com/video_watermelon.php (Video vs Watermelon)

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Very cool! I can see the prosecution salivating now as you answer to the questions of why you blew up the bad guy(defendant)...:D

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    That's awesome!

I wonder how this is classified in terms of what type of knife it is...knife laws are outdated and it really does not fall into any of the current categories... It kind of mirrors the 'ballistic knife' that forcibly propels the blade using a spring system (which was quickly shut down by the feds given everything about it was illegal, and so specimens are very rare [and very illegal]).

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Funny thing is right up until they were banned, there were ads to buy them in the 80s, right in the back of Shotgun News and Guns and Ammo magazine.
    If memory serves they were about $75, which was a huge amount of money for any knife back then.
    Most kids were spending their money on cheap $2-5 Pakistan made folders and a really good Buck or Schrade folder or fixed could be had for $15-30.
    Most of the ones I remember seeing had a spike rather than a blade.

The one I handled had a double-edged spear point, but I vaguely recall being told most were a spike. The last one I know of that sold locally went for a little over 2.5 grand cash because one collector really wanted it from another collector who did not want to part with it.

If you still have any of the ads, they are probably worth quite a lot these days.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I watched the knife vs watermelon vid on the website. So, when you stab someone, are you supposed to say, "hey, wait a few seconds until I can trigger this really cool and destructive CO2 blast while the blade is inside of you."

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    They should replace the regular CO2 canister with a pepper spray one, maybe OC mixed in with the CO2. That way you can either spray to blind your assailant or blow him apart after stabbing him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom