• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    Hey all,

I just picked up a Kimber Ultra Covert 2 yesterday. This is my first Kimber, actually this is my fist 1911. any advise. I have owned a lot of Glocks, Sigs, and Springfield’s. I haven’t had a chance to fire the ultra covert but if feels awesome in my hand and the trigger pull is unlike any I have had up to this point. I'll post a range report as soon as I’m able to get to the range.

Thanks

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I had read that Kimber mag's arn't the best. a couple days ago I was on Wilson Combats website and ordered 2 mags, and I decided to get some of their gun oil as well

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    the mag that came with my Warrior is terrible - went to wilsons
    You will need to fire a few 100 rounds to break the gun in

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    the mag that came with my Warrior is terrible - went to wilsons
    You will need to fire a few 100 rounds to break the gun in

+1

The mag that came with my TLE RLII also sucks.. I use CHip McCormick power mags.. No jams yet after 10 years of shooting this thing regularly.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Kimber makes a much better mag (too cheap to include it I guess). It's called the KimPro "Tac Mag", totally different construction.

I never even gave my factory mag (singular) a chance to ef up, went straight to the "Tac Mag"

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I wonder when Kimber is going to address their mag problems. you would think for the Price that they charge that you would at least get two decent working mags

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I wonder when Kimber is going to address their mag problems. you would think for the Price that they charge that you would at least get two decent working mags

I'm sure they've heard quite a few complaints. Mine was never even loaded up, I read enough to steer clear of it from the getgo.

Does suck to have to drop another $50-60 bucks on mags, but,....

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    welcome to the kimber family. i have 4 kimber mags and never had a problem YET. 800 rounds. i do recall 1 stove pipe,but thats it.and thats not the mags fault? my next 1911 will be a sig.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I have an Kimber STII - the 7 round mag that came with mine - has never gave me a single issue. It fed flawlessy out of the box.

I did buy an 8 round Tac Pro from Kimber- mainly because I wanted an extra round at the range. The rocket spring in those are a little tight out of the box - they just need worked out a little. Keep the mag fully loaded and stored until it loosens up.The 8th top round is a little tight to fit in off the bat, but once it loosens they work well.

I have well over 5k rounds on my 8 rounder Tac Pro- and have not a single feed issue with it!

Very happy with the accuracy out of my STII - I shoot my own cast 230LRN.

Last edited:

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I plan on taking my Kimber to the range this weekend. I got the tracking number for my Wilson mags and it should arrive tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom