• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I wanted to shoot my Kimber Government 82 Target riffle in a Riffle League. Is this feasible considering that it is bolt action single shot? I saw a guy on Youtube shooting one of these with a 5 round magazine. Is there a conversion kit to permit magazines?

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Adding a magazine would be expensive as you would have to mill out the bottom of the receiver and do a bunch of other modifications. I am not aware of any after market 'pop-in' modifications for this rifle [RE: adding a magazine (try to contact the guy who published the You Tube video for details of the modification)]. The Kimber was designed as a single shot target rifle for use in then current Army and civilian style competitions.
    As to whether it would be feasible to use in the rifle league, what types (makes and models) are the other members of the league using? Most of this is dependent on the rules used by the league as to type of rifle allowed and what the match format is. Example, if the league rules require a magazine change during the competition it seems like a 'no go'. If the competition is just a few guys from your club getting together to have fun they may just say 'just ignore that rule'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom