• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdadams84

Mar 19, 2013
    Kensington, MD
    Like many I grew up playing with gun like toys...squirt guns, Nerf guns, rubber band guns and the like. Like many another option was always the pointer finger using the thumb as a hammer.

I chuckled as I walked into the Dick's at Wheaton when I passed a couple kids running around in much the same way going "pew-pew" and "you should shoot back."

Then I come home and read this http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/cowboy-style-cap-gun-gets-5-year-old-ousted-from-school-in-calvert-county/2013/05/30/a3a8a178-c93c-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_story.html

Of course it was in Anne Arundel County that a 7 year old second grader was suspended for the Pop Tart "gun". http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/anne-arundel-second-grader-suspended-for-chewing-his-pastry-into-the-shape-of-a-gun/2013/03/04/44c4bbcc-84c4-11e2-98a3-b3db6b9ac586_story.html

I'm not a parent myself (yet), but I would be LIVID if anything like this happened to one of my children. I'd be amazed if the schools don't face some sort of legal action at some point. This is getting out of control.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This is not a laughing matter at all and the topic should be taken much more seriously. The lives of our Children depend on it and you have no right to mock the situation.

Children are being killed every day with Pop-Tart Assault Systems with High Capacity Sprinkles on top.

If the P.T.A.S. is used improperly and thrown, the High Capacity Sprinkles will come flying off like hundreds of Mini Cluster Bombs.

Zero tolerance allows people to not think for themselves and many choose to embrace it.

Half the STATE has already adopted this policy.

They're called Libtards and they're going to DAMAGE our Children in the long run.

Last edited:

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    This is not a laughing matter at all and the topic should be taken much more seriously. The lives of our Children depend on it and you have no right to mock the situation.

Children are being killed every day with Pop-Tart Assault Systems with High Capacity Sprinkles on top.

If the P.T.A.S. is used improperly and thrown, the High Capacity Sprinkles will come flying off like hundreds of Mini Cluster Bombs.

Zero tolerance allows people to not think for themselves and many choose to embrace it.

Half the STATE has already adopted this policy.

They're called Liberal Scum and they're going to DAMAGE our Children in the long run.
    How can liberals damage children. Liberals made sure every kid gets a trophy. A trophy for nothing ain't bad is it?

bdadams84

Mar 19, 2013
    Kensington, MD
    I am dreading my kids going to a public school.

Ya' know I rather my children (when we have some) attend public schools rather than home schools. Personally I believe home schooling leaves children behind socially. And I think most private schools are over rated.

We are starting our house hunting now. We are starting our search in VA, but (unfortunately) we will still keep an eye out in Maryland. One thing we've already started to discuss are schools. Especially with stuff like this also in the news: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/05/montgomery-county-test-scores-school-district-looks-into-scores-89355.html

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Im actually trying to figure out what has happened. Up until last year my son loved water guns and had nerf guns. He had shot pellet guns and even a .22 bolt action and had a blast. We moved at the beginning of this year to a new school and he shows no interest.

He is about to turn 9 which is when I was getting even more interested which has me even more confused. I asked if someone had said something at school or if it had anything to do with the news and he doesn't want to talk to me which makes me even more concerned isn't the right word but for lack of a better one what I will stick with for now.

He definitely has respect for them and does not touch them or even get near them but I had hoped that he would take a little more interest in target shooting so I could spend more time with him shooting without forcing him to go. I had actually contemplated a .22 rifle just for him for this birthday coming up but now I'm not sure.

Has anyone else seen anything like this recently? In 6-9 months a complete reversal on his part but only with guns not with anything else.

DAMUE

Aug 31, 2012
    Pasadena
    Im actually trying to figure out what has happened. Up until last year my son loved water guns and had nerf guns. He had shot pellet guns and even a .22 bolt action and had a blast. We moved at the beginning of this year to a new school and he shows no interest.

He is about to turn 9 which is when I was getting even more interested which has me even more confused. I asked if someone had said something at school or if it had anything to do with the news and he doesn't want to talk to me which makes me even more concerned isn't the right word but for lack of a better one what I will stick with for now.

He definitely has respect for them and does not touch them or even get near them but I had hoped that he would take a little more interest in target shooting so I could spend more time with him shooting without forcing him to go. I had actually contemplated a .22 rifle just for him for this birthday coming up but now I'm not sure.

Has anyone else seen anything like this recently? In 6-9 months a complete reversal on his part but only with guns not with anything else.

I have no personal experience with this matter but it sure sounds like the Liberal brainwashing is working. I have heard many reports of teachers telling young children in class that guns are bad and only bad people have and use them. People tell their kids to listen to and respect what teachers say from a very early age, and it allows them to be easily influenced by what a lot of these Progressive pansies tell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom