• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I have asked a dealer to find one for me I'm ready to plunk down the money and he just sent me an email saying that Keltec no longer makes the Sub 2k and a used one is going to cost as much as an AR 15. Has anyone heard of them stopping production on this carbine? any have a .4 to sell any mag.:innocent0
    Chris

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    . . . a dealer . . . just sent me an email saying that Keltec no longer makes the Sub 2k and a used one is going to cost as much as an AR 15.

Not only have they NOT stopped making them, they have come out with a Gen II ...

I am confident you'll have better luck finding one (Gen I or II) AND an FFL who knows what the . . . (never mind, smh)

Best o' Success (a relative just took delivery of a GenII in . 40 last week)

Last edited:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I might know a guy too!

This guy got his gen2 g17 model as an impulse purchase a little over a month ago and still hasn't fired it.

Same here. Impulse purchase, except he has fired it and apparently doesn;t understand all the hype. He's not a fan...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    this thread is making want another one so I can have dual wielding Sub2Ks.

and a shoulder holster for both of them. :lol2:

notguilty

Dec 1, 2009
    Received this from Big Dog Outfitter , an IP on the forum on Jan 27.." Re: kel-tec sub 2k 9mm
    Got a OD Green 9mm Sub 2000 in today. Glock 17 mag version."

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Received this from Big Dog Outfitter , an IP on the forum on Jan 27.." Re: kel-tec sub 2k 9mm
    Got a OD Green 9mm Sub 2000 in today. Glock 17 mag version."
    Apparently he wanted $549 for it and would not ship it. That would be unacceptable to most buyers that I know.

I paid $100 less for each of the ones I own and they were purchased locally in MD from IP's. I got my Gen 1 from Engage and my Gen 2 from Free State.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Gen 2 is not recommended. There are issues that need to be fixed, first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0yS68BzLz0

***UPDATE: FURTHER TESTING HAS REVEALED A SERIOUS DESIGN ISSUE WITH THE KELTEC SUB 2000 2GEN: Front sight block comes off in extended shooting, not "keyed" to barrel causing huge zero shifts. Also as discussed here in the video, spring loaded front sight is inconsistent and its windage wanders. Whole front sight needs redesign and extended testing by company prior to sale. Front rail will also loosen and shifts negating the red dot option. In our initial testing these developments were not revealed. The gun itself is still excellent and the information presented here is mostly correct. But I am obligated to pass on this latest information.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Production is slow but product is abundant.

Kentucky Gun Company gets them very frequently. Just have to watch, prices are reasonable but commensurate with Market.

There were plenty in the $380 to $450 range at the last gunshow I went to.

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    Ideally i would love a Gen 2 G19 model but glock 17 would probably be OK too.

For what it's worth, you can get the G17 version and cut the grip down to accept G19 mags - it's what I did with mine with the G19s were hard to source years ago. I have a Gen 1 though, not sure of the differences, or if you can do that in the Gen 2 (although I can't see why you couldn't).

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    There were a couple G1 and G2 Glock .40s on a table at Howard county show today. $500 G1 and $550 for G2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom