• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    I've been looking into getting a small carry pistol and I've narrowed it down to these 3. I've done all I can as far as research. I called a few local ranges to see if they carried any of these so I could get some hands on experience and see how they feel. No luck :sad20:.

Does anyone own any of these pistols that would be willing to let me put some rounds through at a local range? I'd buy the ammo of course.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The LCP is in a different catagory.

You might want to compare the new M&P Shield: I think it's directly comparable with the LC9.

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    I realize the the LCP is a different caliber than the other two, but that was part of my interest in trying them all out. Never shot .380 or 9mm in that small of a gun before.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I realize the the LCP is a different caliber than the other two, but that was part of my interest in trying them all out. Never shot .380 or 9mm in that small of a gun before.

Just rememember the first law of physics. Anything you would want to carry you would'nt want to shoot. Or full power cartrige in a small light package hurts just thinking about it.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    kahr pm9 needs to be on that list. cm9 if you don't have as much money. punks every option you've listed pretty hard in terms of controlability and quality of manufacturing.(I own a pf9)

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Look into a Bersa CCW or thunder. I have a thunder and the Ruger. The bersa is a pleasure to shoot. the LCP, not so much. As you know both are 380. For some reason I really like shooting my 380's. But the Anaconda (44 mag) ALWAYS comes to the range as well. That is before the horrible boating accident.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    kahr pm9 needs to be on that list. cm9 if you don't have as much money. punks every option you've listed pretty hard in terms of controlability and quality of manufacturing.(I own a pf9)

CM9.

The LCP is way too different. Great for concealing and carrying, no fun shooting, and iffy at stopping a bad guy. Stick with 9mm minimum. :)

Just rememember the first law of physics. Anything you would want to carry you would'nt want to shoot. Or full power cartrige in a small light package hurts just thinking about it.

Yep. LCP= pain.

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    The PF9 is reliable, thin and relatively light. It is not a range toy however as it is snappy. With that said it will get the job done for its intended use.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've shot over 100 rounds through my PF9, mostly 115gr FMJs. I tried heavy sub-sonics and had multiple FTFs. I tried 124gr +P JHPs and the little pistol eats them up. If you can shoot a revolver in double action, the PF9 is a great little pistol. Otherwise, get something else.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Minuteman said:
    CM9.

The LCP is way too different. Great for concealing and carrying, no fun shooting, and iffy at stopping a bad guy. Stick with 9mm minimum. :)

Yep. LCP= pain.

LCP isn't bad if you set it up right. First, you could improve the sights with some white paint, add CT Lasergrips, and then add the +1 grip extensions for a better handle. All of this worked wonders on mine. For a CCW holster check out Recluse holsters, a unique pocket retention rig that works very well and is nicely handmade of quality leather.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    If you like a little more heft in the hand, or have a polymer allergy check out the Kahr MK9. Of course heft in the hand = weight in the belt... Love mine though.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I like my LCP. It is a good gun for what it is. Never had a FTF or FTE with any ammo I have run through it, even the cheap stuff. The gun is accurate, despite the sights. You are not going to be shooting groundhogs with this from 400 meters, it is intended to be a VERY close range gun. I carry it in the summer with Hornady Critical Defense ammo. Upside: I can conceal it while wearing a Speedo. Downside: NOT a range gun. I am done with it after 50 rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom