• ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    When you are ready to sell it, let me know. :D
    Not this one.

It's really the perfect car gun in MD. Legal unloaded most everywhere, takes readily available mags, takes inexpensive ammo, very compact and at 4 lbs is lightweight for a rifle, and cheap if you are a patient shopper. Although my CZ Evo Scorpion is lots of fun, I wouldn't want to use it as a car gun (might as well go with an AR if going bigger and heavier).

Matter of fact, I've been contemplating getting a second, debating to get another G17 or instead get a G19, despite the puny grip size.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    I have every alert and email notification set for one of these bad boys. Hope they come in stock soon. Trying to score one for 475 or less.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Not this one.

It's really the perfect car gun in MD. Legal unloaded most everywhere, takes readily available mags, takes inexpensive ammo, very compact and at 4 lbs is lightweight for a rifle, and cheap if you are a patient shopper. Although my CZ Evo Scorpion is lots of fun, I wouldn't want to use it as a car gun (might as well go with an AR if going bigger and heavier).

Matter of fact, I've been contemplating getting a second, debating to get another G17 or instead get a G19, despite the puny grip size.

Killjoy. ;)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    You have a chrono? I'm thinking of taking the Sub2000 and CZ Scorpion to the range in the next two weeks to see what my different 9mm ammo stocks will do out of them, including juiced up Underwoods with milled copper bullets.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    You have a chrono? I'm thinking of taking the Sub2000 and CZ Scorpion to the range in the next two weeks to see what my different 9mm ammo stocks will do out of them, including juiced up Underwoods with milled copper bullets.

I have found a 16 to 23% increase in velocity over a G19 (charge dependent). On the lighter end of powder charges they slow down with some almost matching the G19. Like 3.0 gr. Red Dot and a 147 gr. bullet, I believe are very close in velocity. I have recorded as high as 1400 fps avg. using pistol loads and have not made a +P load for the S2K. They may jump into jacketed round territory. YMMV.
    Fun experimenting!

Residing in MD makes it almost necessary to have a truck gun section/posting (due to no ccw) but it could also prove fodder for their next ban list. :sad20:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have found a 16 to 23% increase in velocity over a G19 (charge dependent). On the lighter end of powder charges they slow down with some almost matching the G19. Like 3.0 gr. Red Dot and a 147 gr. bullet, I believe are very close in velocity. I have recorded as high as 1400 fps avg. using pistol loads and have not made a +P load for the S2K. They may jump into jacketed round territory. YMMV.
    Fun experimenting!

Well now, I'm more excited to get out there and test!

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Murph's will ship but no G 9mm version in stock.
    Thanks Armadillo.

They said to keep calling.

Keep trying. They can probably also put you on a standby list. They almost always have one in stock in some config. They had one in 40 just a few days ago.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I wonder if any one got desperate enough and shortened the grip in order to use all their 19 mags?
    Have dremel, will mod. :)

Keltec sells grips to do the modification. With their track record on availability, who knows if they are in stock though.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I wonder if any one got desperate enough and shortened the grip in order to use all their 19 mags?
    Have dremel, will mod. :)
    There's a trade-off though. With the G17 Sub2k, I can just get 4 fingers on the grip. The trigger is lower on the grip relative to Glock pistol designs. I've heard this is worse for the G19 Sub2k. I have a lot of G19 mags, so the idea of a G19 Sub2k is appealing (and I might try to secure one in FDE in the future), but I also know I would prefer the G17 Sub2k grip length. Thus, i have been buying G17 mags, which of course are pretty easy to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom