• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Has kel-tec gotten the bugs worked out on these things? Noticed recently that the availability has increased so the prices have dropped. Then I go and search the net and find older reviews documenting several issues with the gun.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I haven't much at all about them recently, but I I've seen more and more sitting in stock and the price has come down several 100. A far cry from a year ago when they were selling like hotcakes at $1k+

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    There were problems with the first run and the magazine selector switch/cut off lever. It went back to the drawing board and they fixed that issue. Haven't heard of other issues but you know how google is, a bunch of "stay away" and "Forward thinking design, if it worked" articles so:rolleyes:. I still will get around to getting one, just have a small list in front of the KSG.

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    If I Wanted A tacticool shotgun I'd grab a Vepr personally. I really wish they were not banned in Massachusetts. And since I'm headed back there soon I have to pass. Have you looked into them instead of KSG. just food for thought.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Total pussycats, these things are. Loved my time with one.

My colleague loves his. Accurate as all get out and hasn't given him any trouble.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If I Wanted A tacticool shotgun I'd grab a Vepr personally. I really wish they were not banned in Massachusetts. And since I'm headed back there soon I have to pass. Have you looked into them instead of KSG. just food for thought.

I'll take 1 of each :D

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I wish I had $2000 burning a hole in my pocket...

[YT]UPvDzTFPPro[/YT]

Edit to add this video too

[YT]ofSctYldrkE[/YT]

Last edited:

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Fondled the one at duffys last time, it was nice, but the cheek weld felt weird. Seeing it with the salvo 12 just made me want one though.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Isn't the rifle in your avatar mostly plastic and costs even more? :innocent0

Well the receiver and all internal parts are steel. Some bits of the fire control group are plastic and the stock is. I haven't handled the KSG to compare directly.

You do bring up a good point though.

genisged

Feb 18, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    Picked up one about a month ago. Took it to Cresap and shot slugs through it. Only issues I had when I short shucked it! Apparently it is unforgiving if you don't rack it right... Picked up a angled foregrip that will hopefully help with it. It kicked like hell, but was accurate out of the box (with freshly installed MBUS on them) Will be taking it out there again hopefully next Sunday...

shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    I have had mine for the last 2 years and it is great kicks like a mule. It will take 15 3" rounds or i had 25 of the 1" Agulia slugs in it. Have never shot shot out of it yet only slugs. I installed a MOE fore-grip and a set of folding iron sites. Mine is a gen 2 should replace the selector switch with one of the new metal ones.

cmb286

Mar 6, 2015
    kel tec makes products that people either love - and get what they are trying to do - or hate them

genisged

Feb 18, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    Ive had one for a couple of months now. I have taken it to the range here (Cresap). First time I had issues because I was short chucking it. Resolved by getting an angled foregrip. But it is not really fun shooting slugs out of it...the kick is borderline unbearable... if anyone is interested i can bring it out to cresap sometime...

ponypeddler87

Feb 17, 2013
    St. Marys
    Mine had issues ejecting, chambering the next round and his pissed me off in general. If I were to go with a high capacity shotgun I would go with a Mossberg 930 with an xrail

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom