• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSC729

Aug 18, 2012
    Mo County
    +1 for the remington 870, They usually do need a little chamber polish to be able to extract low brass though. Easy enough fix is to run high brass only or break out the dremel and some metal polish.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Can't go wrong with Remington 870 or Mossberg 500. I have both and like them equally. Benelli is good too, but I'd rather an American shotgun. Benelli's are more expensive too. Just make sure that you get an extended tube. My 870 holds 6+1 of 2 3/4 12 gauge shells. That is more than enough for home defense.

I'd throw an EoTech on top too. Despite popular belief, you can miss with a shotgun. At home defense distances, you don't get much spread.

sentinel

Aug 19, 2007
    Maryland
    I guess I'll be the lone dissenter... I've had my KSG (gen1) for almost 2 yrs. and have fired approx. 300 rounds (2 3/4" 00bk , No.4bk & slug) through it without issue. Is it perfect ?? NO, but the small size, large magazine capacity and reliability (mine at least, can't speak for others)make this shotgun my choice for HD.
    That said, it is easy to short shuck the gun (though I've not experienced that issue personally) and on the newer gen 2 guns the action is tighter than mine was out of the box. I've also seen 2 video reviews where the gun was ejecting the spent casings onto the shooters wrist (again I've not had this happen to me).

I use to have a Benelli M1 semi auto shotgun that would occasionally fail to eject the shells...nothing's perfect.

Just remember: Opinions are like armpits, we all have them and they all stink.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Is the KSG even legal in Md anymore? From what I understand they have 6rd dual tube internal "mag"....for a total of 12rds.

Talked to a friend of mine who said she just picked one up for $990 (not in Md). I asked her about the reliability factor...she said you can't ***** foot it, have to really put some balls into cycling it or it WILL jam.

Feb 28, 2013
    Is the KSG even legal in Md anymore? From what I understand they have 6rd dual tube internal "mag"....for a total of 12rds.

Talked to a friend of mine who said she just picked one up for $990 (not in Md). I asked her about the reliability factor...she said you can't ***** foot it, have to really put some balls into cycling it or it WILL jam.

Those "mags" aren't detachable.

shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    Also the KSG is not semi auto. I have had mine for over a year and tons of slugs through it no problems it even takes 25 of the shorties out of a full load of shorties i had one mis feed due to short stroking it. Get a gen 4 and add a fore grip to assist with the cycling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom