• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr_Wolf

Aug 24, 2009
    Ridgely
    Picked up my 2 today! Unfortunately I won't get a chance to clean them until this Thursday.

I ended up with a 1942 & 1943 Izzy's. :thumbsup:

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    The pickings were slim today, but I picked up a 1943 round receiver shooter with some nice woodgrain, looking forward to when the next batch comes in. Just finished stage one of the de-cosmo process with the steam cleaner.

Not C&R, but also picked up a sweet MIL-SPEC Govt Contract Mossberg 500 as pictured. It even has a UID marking! Call it a future C&R!

Attachments

• Keepshooting-acquisitions.jpg
      Keepshooting-acquisitions.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 366

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    Dude... just thought of this... you didn't mean this Vera did you?

vera-large.jpg

:D

Unfortunately no, I do not watch Firefly. Yet.

Also, I managed to clean MY Vera off this afternoon at Zim's place with some mineral spirits and tender lovin'. She's in great shape now, and I'm glad that I got to know her better. Now to just shoot her... :D

Zim

Dec 25, 2009
    Agh, remind me next time you're over, I completely forgot we were supposed to watch it today ('Course the game being on didn't help)

I managed to get my metal parts cosmo-free with mineral spirits too. Still need to build the oven for the furniture, but, at least wiping it down with a dry cloth got most of the gunk off.

She's a '42 Izhevsk, condition near as perfect as it could be for a gun this old. Bump or two on the stock and a tiny spot of old rust on the receiver, otherwise more or less spotless. :D

Anyways, pics as promised (would have gotten one of the stamp on the receiver too, but the camera battery died just as I was about to take it):

Attachments

• DSCN0417.JPG
      DSCN0417.JPG
      46.1 KB · Views: 355
    • DSCN0418.JPG
      DSCN0418.JPG
      96.7 KB · Views: 359

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    yep. snapsotMD, bdr2012 and I took ours out for a shoot on Tuesday. As usaual they shoot about 12-16" high. We were hitting paper at 100 yards standing up with body leaning against the bench. I'm going to lower the poi by raising the front post with a piece if insulation from 12 gauge romex

bdr2012

Sep 10, 2008
    Hazzard County
    yep. snapsotMD, bdr2012 and I took ours out for a shoot on Tuesday. As usaual they shoot about 12-16" high. We were hitting paper at 100 yards standing up with body leaning against the bench. I'm going to lower the poi by raising the front post with a piece if insulation from 12 gauge romex

Good idea. I think I have some 12 gauge wire in the shop.

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    Something that I found works pretty well and easy is to take heat shrink and put it around the front sight post. Make it a little long and then trim it at the range. If you trim too much, just cut it off and try again.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Finally got it cleaned up. While removing the cosmo, I damaged the original finish. Ended up using Danish oil (cherry tint), BLO, and my special BLO/Beeswax mix.

Came out really AWESOME!!! :party29::party29:

Attachments

• IMG_4108_sm.jpg
      IMG_4108_sm.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 192
    • IMG_4107_sm.jpg
      IMG_4107_sm.jpg
      55 KB · Views: 185

knockretard

Feb 9, 2009
    so where are you guys getting these from?? Does keepshooting.com have a store I can visit??

I checked their website and found a contact of BTP ARMS in Waldorf, I mapquested the address and still have no clue where it is. Myself and a buddy are interested in picking a couple of these bad boys up.

knockretard

Feb 9, 2009
    so does he operate from a store? I see he is based in waldorf. I saw something about industrial drive, outside the DMV. I am wanting to visit the store and maybe grab some stuff I see on the website. I suffer from I want it now-idis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom