• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    Keeping my 2nd Amendent firm: FN SPR A5M (Updated with Break-in Range Report)

Been eyeing up this beauty at Marks Shop for awhile. Now shes mine. FNH SPR A5M .308 with DBM, 20" 1:12 barrel, Harris BRM-S Bipod, NF 5.5-22x56 NP-R2 Zero Stop glass. Updates with range reports coming this weekend.

w6aHUl.jpg

Pros
    • Sturdy platform. Feels like you, the rifle, and the earth are one solid platform
    • Precision Firearm by test target and my groupings pictured below.
    • 20" Heavy Barrel barely heats up the brass
    • Feels strongly made and like it could go to war and back, a few times
    • Amazing firearm
    • Scope was mounted and bore-sighted by Mark @ 2A. Rifle was on paper @ 200 yards. (Not Recommended)

Cons
    • Barrel is not threaded
    • Only comes with one 4 round proprietary mag

Below are some targets. This morning I shot my rifle @ AGC for some break-in scope zero.

• Group 1

Ignore the sighter. First shot low at 4 o'clock was sighter. 1st grouping is below the center bulls-eye 3-shots. After scope adjustment fired 3 additional shots for grouping located in the center bulls-eye. Hornandy 168gr Super Match

m0hPl.jpg

• Group 2

Shot on top was a sighter. Shot This three round group, my best ever with a .308 - Federal 168gr Gold Medal Match

IFbJp.jpg

• Group 3

You may not believe me but the shot at 6 o' clock was shot by another shooter and fellow MDS member(Tom). I could get him on here to attest if need-be.

However, I included groupings measurements with and without his shot for all you non-believers. Federal 168gr Gold Medal Match
      kLU9S.jpg

Last edited:

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    That is a nice fine looking rifle. I did not see it out of the box when we are in the shop yesterday. I was waiting for Mark so I could purchase the S&W 686 Pro.

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    That's a nice set up! Looking forward to the range report.

Thank You for the BBQ!!!

2A

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    That's a beauty

That is a nice fine looking rifle. I did not see it out of the box when we are in the shop yesterday. I was waiting for Mark so I could purchase the S&W 686 Pro.

Looks nice. I'm a fan of NF scopes.

I like your style, very nice setup

Thank you, thank you. I agree the style is definitely there with this loadout. NF scopes are the best imho. I haven't shot a USO or S&B but I don't think I need to. I prefer looking through the scope then just through my eyes. :crazy:

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    Very nice... what's the trigger like?

...and does it like Tula? ;)

I WOULD NEVER FEED HER THAT COMMIUNIST MATERIAL. You are a sick man. The trigger is a crisp 4lbs. A little towards the heavy side, but firm and smooth. I am a big fan. You know when you are pulling but if you don't anticipate the shot, it moves and fires with a clean pull.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I WOULD NEVER FEED HER THAT COMMIUNIST MATERIAL. You are a sick man. The trigger is a crisp 4lbs. A little towards the heavy side, but firm and smooth. I am a big fan. You know when you are pulling but if you don't anticipate the shot, it moves and fires with a clean pull.

mine was a nasty 7lbs. Glad they toned that down from the factory, not that it's hard to get that trigger tuned.

Thwack22

Aug 8, 2012
    NoVa
    Tom chiming in on that group. That was my shot at 6, and besides envying this rig I'm confident it will group better once sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom