• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Proof that we are having an effect.

From a good friend and fellow club member this evening:

"FYI, I just ran into (Sen) ****** as I was leaving Cafe Normandie this evening and he said he saw Mike Busch this afternoon and Busch told him he was going to see that changes were made to HB294 that our side would be happy with.

I advised ***** that Busch had better do something right (for us) because more and more of our folks were going DINO. Sen ****** understood what I was saying. Apparently Degrange and one other Senator whose name I forget are suffering some degree of unpopularity because they voted for cloture on SB281 even though they voted against the bill on the floor. "

Keep the pressure up lads! Make sure to call and email those those that voted for Cloture

Last edited:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Proof that we are having an effect.

From a good fried and fellow club member this evening:

"FYI, I just ran into (Sen) ****** as I was leaving Cafe Normandie this evening and he said he saw Mike Busch this afternoon and Busch told him he was going to see that changes were made to HB294 that our side would be happy with.

I advised ***** that Busch had better do something right (for us) because more and more of our folks were going DINO. Sen ****** understood what I was saying. Apparently Degrange and one other Senator whose name I forget are suffering some degree of unpopularity because they voted for cloture on SB281 even though they voted against the bill on the floor. "

Keep the pressure up lads! Make sure to call and email those those that voted for Cloture

Was the "other senator" Mac Middleton? I spoke to him before the senate vote and he said he disagreed with the bill completely, and would vote against it despite any amendments. Then he went and voted for cloture... he's from D28

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It is not going forward as HB294 - they are taking up the pre-amended bill 281 from the senate. Same infringements, just a different number.

False. They are taking the version of 281 the senate passed.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The senate bill 281 as amended by the senate is the baseline being worked by judiciary. They will release it soon with their own "spin" and it will become the new baseline this week.

Then two votes in the house and at least on I the senate.

People need to push miller, too.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The senate bill 281 as amended by the senate is the baseline being worked by judiciary. They will release it soon with their own "spin" and it will become the new baseline this week.

Then two votes in the house and at least on I the senate.

People need to push miller, too.

Which Miller? Are you talking about Warren Miller? He assured me last month he would not be voting in favor of any bill that infringes my 2nd Amendment Right. Of course, he and I might disagree on what we consider an infringement. Let me know if this is the Miller you are referring to and I will try to pay him a visit on Tuesday (i.e., next day I have some free time in my schedule). Will most definitely send him an e-mail tomorrow and give him a telephone call on Monday if he is the Miller you are referring to.

This is what I received from him around early February:

Dear Constituent,

Thank you for contacting my office in opposition to any new laws regarding firearm ownership in Maryland.

I wanted to let you know that I oppose any change to your second amendment rights granted in the US Constitution. I have and will continually vote against any such restrictions. The constitution clearly states citizens have the right to keep and bear arms.

I appreciate you taking the time to make your feelings known. I encourage you to continue to contact me when you have concerns about potential legislation and how it will impact you.

Sincerely,

Delegate Warren Miller

Let me know:

1) If I need to contact him again, and if so
    2) What areas he needs reinforcement on.

If any of my reps vote for this bill, I am seriously going to have to think about running for office in my district.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Isn't that what I said?

No, you said pre-amended bill. They are using the amended bill the Senate passed.

Which Miller? Are you talking about Warren Miller? He assured me last month he would not be voting in favor of any bill that infringes my 2nd Amendment Right. Of course, he and I might disagree on what we consider an infringement. Let me know if this is the Miller you are referring to and I will try to pay him a visit on Tuesday (i.e., next day I have some free time in my schedule). Will most definitely send him an e-mail tomorrow and give him a telephone call on Monday if he is the Miller you are referring to.

Contact him anyway. A month is too long to not hear from you. :)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Contact him anyway. A month is too long to not hear from you. :)

Yeah, but I would like to know if he is the "Miller" that needs some convincing. I would take a different tact with him if he was on the fence about his vote versus if he is planning on voting against SB281.

Dear Delegate Miller,

Thanks for your continued opposition to SB281. As you already know, I oppose the majority of the bill except for the mental health checks, and even then I believe they can be greatly improved versus what is currently in the bill.

v.

Dear Delegate Miller,

It has come to my attention that you are undecided about how to vote on SB281. Let me remind you of my position, which is pretty much against everything in the bill except for the mental health reporting changes, but even those need some cleaning up. I would hate to have to support another Republican in the primaries should you vote for SB281, or worse yet, actually run against you in the primary. However, we moved to this part of Howard County because ....

See, completely different tones depending upon how he is planning on voting. A little information can usually go a long way.

So, is he the "Miller" that still needs to know how we feel about this bill?

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County

This is what I received from him around early February:

Dear Constituent,

Thank you for contacting my office in opposition to any new laws regarding firearm ownership in Maryland.

I wanted to let you know that I oppose any change to your second amendment rights granted in the US Constitution. I have and will continually vote against any such restrictions. The constitution clearly states citizens have the right to keep and bear arms.

I appreciate you taking the time to make your feelings known. I encourage you to continue to contact me when you have concerns about potential legislation and how it will impact you.

Sincerely,

Delegate Warren Miller

Let me know:

1) If I need to contact him again, and if so
    2) What areas he needs reinforcement on.

If any of my reps vote for this bill, I am seriously going to have to think about running for office in my district.

Senator Mike Miller. Sorry.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Senator Mike Miller is the President of the Maryland Senate. He has a reputation for getting things done, or not done, as he sees fit. If we make them realize that gun owners will make his life (and other Democratic legislators lives) miserable if this bill passes, he may well try to stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom