• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wpm3904

Feb 21, 2021
    Hey all,

Looking for some help and guidance.
    Inherited from my Grandpa, now from my uncle an old Polish Karabinek Mauser 8mm year 1932.
    7.92x57mm
    Would like to outfit with a 5 round stripper clip and sling as close to original as possible. My grandfather returned from WW2 with the weapon and uncle has kept in prestine condition. Professionally cleared and looked after and he’s shot it a handful of times probably only 20-25 rounds total the last few years. Bayonet with sheath all original. Really would like to find where to buy 5rd stripper clips and sling. Any idea where to look? Been googling to find out more information but need some advice on who/what dealer could assist with these parts for an old historic firearm.
    Thanks!

-Bill

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    This looks like a good repro sling. I never ordered from this place though.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    623C9AC1-2788-4C41-9893-C55489197BDA.jpeg
    32BD88AA-FACE-46C3-B275-FB56AFAF9099.jpeg

My grandfather was in the Polish army at the end of wwii. He ended up living in England for a few years and then moved to the United States. Here are some pics of him and some friends in Italy

He somehow brought his rifle with him after the war. I remember seeing the rifle in his closet. I don’t think it had the sling on it then.

There was a couple of boxes of ammo too. It was old Polish ammo from I think 1936. It was packaged in a cardboard box, on stripper clips very similarly to how the postwar Yugo Mauser ammo is packed.

wpm3904

Feb 21, 2021
    View attachment 393750 View attachment 393751

My grandfather was in the Polish army at the end of wwii. He ended up living in England for a few years and then moved to the United States. Here are some pics of him and some friends in Italy

He somehow brought his rifle with him after the war. I remember seeing the rifle in his closet. I don’t think it had the sling on it then.

There was a couple of boxes of ammo too. It was old Polish ammo from I think 1936. It was packaged in a cardboard box, on stripper clips very similarly to how the postwar Yugo Mauser ammo is packed.
    Awesome pictures and story! All the pictures and info I can find on these guns there don’t seem to be slings on them too often which is interesting.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Very cool gun.

For stripper clips - your best source is eBay. There is also a k98k Forum that you can join and post a "WTB" ad on.

For slings unless you wan to spend big $$ on an original, I highly recommend a guy on eBay that does business as "welser2l5h". He makes MilSurp slings that are very high quality and true to the original. I have bought several from him including an Arisaka and a k98k sling. If he doesn't have what you want listed on eBay, contact him and see if he has the parts to make what you are looking for.

Here are my k98k stripper clips
    Stripper Clips.jpeg

Here is a screenshot of the guys eBay page that makes the slings.
    Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 2.54.53 AM.png

Not the best picture but here is the k98k sling I got from him on my 1941 byf (Mauser) k98k - I am pretty picky and I have always been pleased with his stuff.

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 5.21.36 AM.png

Last edited:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    @Trepang Thats a gorgeous rifle :thumbsup:
    Thank you. It is one of my favorites.
    The bolt and the front barrel band are mis-matched but the rest matches down to the small screws. The Waffenamts are fairly clear as well. It took a little looking to find what I was looking for - I wanted a 1941 or earlier: Pre-Operation Barbarossa.
    Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 6.36.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 6.37.14 PM.png

Resize k98_10.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 6.39.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 6.37.57 PM.png

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Nice Mauser rifle. I have collected them for like over 40 years. You can still find slings original and repros. Also stripper clips. Try BuyMilsurp.com, Sarco and I will try to remember more in the meantime

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom