• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Rifled blanks are fairly cheap anywhere. The cost is in chambering them correctly. GM makes good barrels so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks. But it's still in the back of my mind. A little background to my thoughts mark @ precision discouraged me so it could be my hopes are too high. He is a good guy don't get me wrong.
    .... Wait I'll do my own testing - I would like an accurate super upper so I'll build it with good parts and see how much the psychology of the barrel unknowns come into play. The adj gas block he offered me was $141 which is much more than the barrel. (May run some subs). I'll search for info on adj block on 16" since it could add $$$ without need.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I run SLR Sentry gas blocks on a couple guns. About $120 street price. Its sound advice to run one on a 300 to quiet the buffer 'whack' as much as possible. Once the bullet is silent you start to get offended that all the other parts are too loud:D

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks. But it's still in the back of my mind. A little background to my thoughts mark @ precision discouraged me so it could be my hopes are too high. He is a good guy don't get me wrong.
    .... Wait I'll do my own testing - I would like an accurate super upper so I'll build it with good parts and see how much the psychology of the barrel unknowns come into play. The adj gas block he offered me was $141 which is much more than the barrel. (May run some subs). I'll search for info on adj block on 16" since it could add $$$ without need.

I have an AAC barrel that I picked up on the BF sale, last year for 135 shipped. It will print 1/2" groups at 100 yards if I do my part. Sometimes you have to make a leap of faith.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks, I'll be building slowly, worked has picked up, headed south for the weekend (NC) so I may add to the powder pile as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom