• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Here is a product of salvaging a fubar’d checkered mainspring housing due to some line drift. The housing was already checkered but my 25 lpi file didn’t match theirs.

Anyway, the pics of the housing in the white is the salvaged housing. The Oxpho-Blu’d pics are of a checkered housing filed down then having the texture applied to it. The frame rails adjacent to the housing was set forward since it is a large grip pistol..double stack Para Ordnance 1911.
    E0A4D9E4-386F-4253-9150-2D729C5F3C80.jpeg

31BB3BB6-03DA-4C1D-B15E-B2124772C3EF.jpeg

5F84F3EC-4AE4-4C51-A87E-F9691F24E2A7.jpeg

636B2DFF-E973-4E40-91F0-D8569A0B9DDF.jpeg

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Mag looks great as always. May have to turn some of mine over to ya.

BTW was gonna PM ya, to see how you are doing.. and that 45 project from a while
    ago. You still gonna keep it..??:)

-Rock

:)

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Hey, Zilla. Not sure which 1911 you are referring to. The one with the Caspian frame and Baer slide? I still have it. Turned out great.

Been busy with sone other things on the home front so that’s isxwhy I have been “quiet”. I did just acquire a Tisas 9mm. I’ll be doing an ‘econo” improvement to it. If it handles anythong like the 45 Tisas I had it will be sweetto shoot.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Hey, Zilla. Not sure which 1911 you are referring to. The one with the Caspian frame and Baer slide? I still have it. Turned out great.

Been busy with sone other things on the home front so that’s isxwhy I have been “quiet”. I did just acquire a Tisas 9mm. I’ll be doing an ‘econo” improvement to it. If it handles anythong like the 45 Tisas I had it will be sweetto shoot.
    that's the one.. I'm talking about

was just checking..figured you were busy.

The Tisas 9mm please keep me updated, looking at that one, plus the 45 also, what are your thoughts on
    the 45 version. ?? Picked up a RIA BBR 3.10 in 45 acp the other day to play with, got the EGW Guide rod kit
    on order, some Mec-Gar 14rd mags in-bound, gonna see how it shoots. Found a used "1st Gen" version with
    no porting, original front sight not the plain front post. Might snag it if the price is right.

-Rock

Last edited:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Sounds like you have a good project going on there. Look forward to hearing about it.

Here is the link to the 45 Tisas I had.

I do miss the way it handled when I was done with it. Hence, my buying the 9. With the all machined internals these last gen Tisas should be a good foundation shoukd you decide to buy one. The upgraded Tisas seem to have a nice trigger, over the GI configured pistols.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Thanks.. I read your post in the 1911 thread. Gonna have to get one or 2, GS down here
    is gonna drain my bank account, want something they order it, couple days later "your
    gun(s) are here" go in pay and out the door. $20 transfer fees 5 bucks xtra per gun if
    more than one...not good. Anyway sounds like a Tisas it is, 45 & 9mm, put the "other
    builds" on hold for the moment, sounds like a "solid starting point" for another build
    if that makes sense. already have a working (more or less) pistol, instead of just a frame
    slide and some parts..have at it.

thanks again...
    -Rock

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Ranson rest?! Okay to brng a couple other guns? 1 or 2…
    Sure...bring em all.. that's how I test mine, no "human" variable(s). test the function,
    accuracy, feeding, all the good stuff. So bring as many as you want. test them out,
    make adjustments, etc. Have several different inserts. most ranges won't let me do
    the setups as it's all about range time and the dollars. But again sure...I don't care how
    many or how long, the "rest" is a great tool. Oh bring your tool kit....files, stones,etc.

testing wise I use Ball, 200gr H&G 68's, 185 Zero JHP's, 230gr HST bullets.
    W231, N310 powder. the later powder is what I use in my Clark Customs,
    Bar-Sto barreled with Zero 185's dead accurate, 200 H&G 68's ain't too bad
    either, then to test the light weight end use a very few 150gr solid copper
    HP's ($$$) plus have xtra springs to test with.

-Rock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom